Alec Baldwin

Allegedly Threatens Reporter, Hurls Racial Slur at Photog

2/18/2013 6:27 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0910_alec_baldwin_article
Alec Baldwin was involved in another confrontation with the media ... after he allegedly threatened to choke a reporter to death and hurled a racial slur at a photographer.

Both Baldwin and the photographer for the New York Post, G.N. Miller, filed harassment claims against one another following the run-in.

According to the Post, the reporter Tara Palmeri, approached Baldwin while he was walking his dogs to ask him about a recent lawsuit against his wife Hilaria. The reporter says Baldwin responded by grabbing her by the arm and saying, "I want you to choke to death."

The Post says Palmeri played an audio recording of the threat to police.

Baldwin then turned the Post's photographer -- who they say is black and a retired detective with the NYPD's Organized Crime Control Bureau -- and allegedly called him "a coon," "crackhead" and "drug dealer."

The Post says Baldwin posted several tweets about the incident, one of which said, "Thank u 2 NYPD officers who came to my home 2day so that I could file a formal complaint against NY Post 'photographer' who assaulted me."

The tweets have been deleted.

Baldwin was involved in two confrontations with photographers last year just days apart -- on June 19 and June 29.

update_bar
Alec Baldwin says the claim he hurled a racial slur "is one of the most outrageous things I've heard in my life." Baldwin says it never happened.

As for what caused the explosion of tempers ... sources very close to Baldwin tell TMZ ... it all emanated from a story in the Post a few days back, reporting that Alec's wife was being sued by a student in her yoga class, claiming he was instructed to perform a dangerous move in an overcrowded class and was injured as a result.

Alec's sources say the actor was infuriated because the Post story did not give her side, even though they claim they had multiple conversations with the reporter, saying the class was not overcrowded and the injured man got special attention because he was being careless and even admitted the accident was his fault.

Sources close to Alec say he's the one who called the cops and lodged a harassment complaint against the Post photog.  One Baldwin source denies Alec threatened to choke the photog, claiming he said, "I hope you choke to death."

6:55 AM PT -- Baldwin just tweeted using the official Alec Baldwin Foundation's Twitter handle -- saying, "I find it ironic that my foundation's last grant was $50,000 to the Arthur Ashe Learning Center."

janet sellers

Ok so I did not read all of the story. I love Alec Baldwin..
I want to know since I don't follow twitter if anyone has noticed the Pig "getting accused of playing the "word game"on a plane when he was actually getting insurance?to me that was /is A "slap in the face" to Alec Baldwin ..from when he was asked to put his phone away? and he had called his daughter A pig A few years back? Is it me?are did anyone else think the same?I just had to post before I read the story...

undergroundman14

Who cares?!

Valentina1

Bull****. Let me hear and see the video where he says that. Ridiculous!

DaDa

The only thing that matters IS....What's in your wallet?

Amber S

He continues to prove what a jerk he is time and again, smh

undergroundman

Who cares?!

OutstandingWorldCitizen

Til the DAY I DIE I will be an AB fan. There is nothing in the world that would make me believe this story is TRUE. AND if it is true guess what? I st

Sherry

While we live in a time of advanced intelligence, we have idiots, such as this, Baldwin, expecting all to see him as someone with talent, perish the thought, I am certain all individuals of color are viewed as such by this idiot! He did a projection of you he actually is in life!

Susan

Alec Baldwin, YOU are such a f...king loser! Big mouth, fat ass loser! I can't stand to see that puggy face on the news, because tha's where you have been lately! I don't watch 30 Rock due to your ugly egocenric attitude. How the hell you ever ended up in Gollywood is beyond many people. The only hope you had was when you were married to Kim. That's over, as this marrige will be over shortly too! First time you call you wife a nasty little brat, she'll leave your fatass so fast! Now tha's what I can't wait for. Go F off Alec, you and your crazy ass brothers! Last time I'll waste any time on this bitch, and if you were smart you would stop watching him on TV/movies and make him go away....The Alec Baldwin Foundation.....I think that's a joke too!

Joe

Mr Baldwin is one of the highest paid television sitcom actors in America.He has had a lot of run ins with reporters.I believe he has grown tired of it.I would probably scream at the reporter too if I was out walking my dogs and they wanted commenets about his wife.Alec has nothing to be ashamed of UNLESS he did use a racial slur.Then he need to apologize to the newspaper.

Brent Delong

Typical liberal elitest attitude. Just listen to the guy speak. He's obviously a jerk, and didn't he get recorded yelling a bunch of insults at his daughter on the phone a year or so back. Yeah, he's a jerk...

d.b. cooper

oh my, such talk out of a left wing lunatic directed towards the "little guy."

Suzanne Devlin

If these jerks were in my face every single time I tried to outside or in a public place, I would be losing it too. It's not these stars who have changed over the years but these people who get paid by the photograph that is the problem. And if they can piss off a person enough to make them react, it's bigger money for them. I think they're disgusting people so to bame the victim is unfair.
Imagine you just trying to do simple things on a daily basis and always having these cretins bocking your way if they are alone or with their families.

Paul

Every time Alec walks out his door he's got poppo's around him with camera reporters in his face. Walking hi dog?
Alec GET A BIGGER DOG WITH BIG TEETH.

Charles

It is 50/50 here. Both sides are a-holes as I see it. Remember Alec on the airplane a few months ago? He is a VERY spoiled celeb who feels "entitled" to whatever he wants. AND we also know how over the top nuts those photographers can be. BOTH guilty.