McCready's 'Rehab' Co-Star

Grief-Stricken

'The Tragedy Is Astounding'

2/18/2013 1:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

021813_mackenzie_phillips_npg
Mindy McCready's "Celebrity Rehab" co-star Mackenzie Phillips could hardly speak today in L.A. after news broke of McCready's suicide -- claiming, "The tragedy is just astounding."

A visibly upset Phillips said, "She was my friend. She was a really good person. I loved her very much."

She added, "[Mindy] was funny. She was smart. She was loving. She was kind. She was incredibly talented ... I'm in grief and it's very raw."

McCready and Phillips were roommates on the 3rd season of "Celebrity Rehab" with Dr. Drew in 2010, and remained friends.

As we reported, McCready was found dead at her home in Arkansas yesterday after suffering what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound. She was 37.

Que22

How does any of us know all wasn't murdered? The dog killling bothers me the most. Maybe a hit? We can speculate and judge. But last I checked innocent tip guilty. It's a sad song. I just read these comments and hope if I ever need a jury you guys aren't picked!

Que22

I take it back. A lot have compassion. I just hate toread innocent unhappy Pol. We don't know facts yet. Come on Ppl. That makes me sad of the world. TMZ feedback site is terrible to resins. Do they have IT support?

BOHOE

I think she was referring to the dog ...........

TEAM LAMMY

What neighborhood is she in, trash can in the front yard.

DD

Keep telling lies to all our young people...She was a loose cannonball...always was. She would have killed her children if they were there. Who knows, maybe she even killed her b/f. Her poor dear dog...an innocent. What an evil witch. Yes, she was so sweet....yeah probably a sociopath.

crystals

I'm looking at the background where she is. Is that where she lives or is she visiting a crack house? That neighborhood looks very GHETTO.

Sean

This is a really sad situation, but I just don't think rehab should be televised. I think Dr Reef really made a lot of sense in his blog post on Huffington Post

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4