« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Oscar Pistorius

I Didn't Mean to Kill Her ...

I Swear

2/19/2013 6:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0219_pistorius_inside_courtroom_launch_v2Oscar Pistorius swore in court today that he believes he was shooting at an intruder when he gunned down girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp ... but prosecutors scoffed, saying he was hell-bent on killing her.

Pistorius' lawyer read his client's sworn affidavit to the judge, explaining that he believed an intruder was in his house on Valentine's Day and he felt vulnerable because he was in bed without his prosthetic legs ... and that's why he pumped a round of bullets into the bathroom door.

The prosecutor saw it differently ... he said Pistorius' motive was simple -- "I want to kill."  Prosecutor Gerrie Nel said the Olympian took the time to put his prosthetic legs on, walk 23 feet, and then he began shooting.

Pistorius claims he had no idea he was shooting at Steenkamp until he realized she was not in his bed.  He said, "It filled me with horror and fear."

oscar_sub_v2

He claims he did not have his prosthetic legs on when he fired.  He says he put his legs on, walked to the door and bashed it open with a cricket bat and discovered Steenkamp mortally wounded.  He says he carried her downstairs and "She died in my arms."

The prosecutors scoffed, saying Pistorius and Steenkamp had just finished a shouting match when he fired 4 shots into the bathroom, hitting Steenkamp 3 times.

oscar_sub_v4

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Joao

I believe him... EXCEPT, that doesn't explain the alleged arguments that were so LOUD that the neighbors heard them prior to him murdering, I mean accidentally killing her---PLUS, if you thought an intruder was in your house, wouldn't you have first made sure it wasn't the person sleeping NEXT TO YOU.
I'm just say'n

Kookla

Oh really you bastard, is that why you beat her head with a bat?!!!!! Is that why there are 5 phone calls that were made to he police from your house of violence reports. It's a good thing he didn't take his own life cause now he start paying for what he did and suffer

myliverhurts

I can hear it now. Sorry bro didn't mean to pound your bunghole.

Isatou

If I'm in bed with my girlfriend and think there is an intruder in the house, the first thing I will do is wake her up quietly and whisper to her " I think there is an intruder inside d house". I will not just start shooting at random

Mason

I mean people pump multiple shots into locked bathroom doors in their homes all the time don't they?

Robbin

Glad ya'll have guns.

Joao

In the future I'll have to take more time to read the comments because it's seems the entire planet can see through that ****amamie story he and his professorial paid liars, I mean attorneys concocted.

Itfigers

They should keep his legs. Let him bump around on his ass the rest of his life. Or cut his arms off at elbow. Squirm like a worm.

shaheem

LOCK HIM UP AND THROW AWAY THE KEY

k.

Why ever was she with this man after his past behavior towards her and others. She supposedly was very well educated in the way an abusers mind works- everyone knows you can't change them- why didn't she walk away some time ago- we have taught young girls in our family that if there is even a sniff of abusive behavior- run don't walk and definitely no second chances-

Barcamama

Please don't go by TMZ's account. Comment all you want, but at least take the time to read an accurate summary of what happened in court. TMZ "got me" to respond in anger and umbrage at their non-factual and sensationalized report. TMZ, you try to protray yourself as a credible and impartial, yet "pop/celebrity" news source, and I have faithfully read and believed your reporting for years, but lately, there are inconsistencies and biases in your stories, especially regarding OP and the dreadful Kardashians. Please, please, please go back to the facts and leave your arrogant opinions and lame jokes unpublished.

say what?

This is easy...he claims he didn't have his legs on when he shot her. Just look at the height of the bullet holes.

NoMoreRealityTvStars

I can't believe you actually have people defending his action. Just goes to show how stupid and ignorant people are these days. His story makes no sense at all. So the ones defending him right now, what do you think about O.J. Simpson.

BB not bb

He is one of those people who loses his temper and then can't admit it, maybe even to himself. The prosecution won't get a confession by calling him a liar. He proabably half doesn't think he did it himself, in spite of the evidence.

He looks scared to death but unable to face the reality of it. He was just very mad and didn't have any way to control his anger. If it was premiditated, there would have to be proof of a motive.

There seems to be no good reason for him to do this unless he was working for someone else. People say he lacked much personality and verve. I wonder if he was even mind controlled, like a Manchurian Candidate type person.

Maybe someone wanted this girl to be a human sacrifice, and used this guy as the means to get it done. The story is that he was born without ankles or femurs, so his parents decided to cut off his legs. Aren't there two bones in the shins though? Plus I suppose he had all the foot bones.

Maybe they used the trauma from this to make him a mind controlled slave. The whole story is very creepy.

NoMoreRealityTvStars

TMZ, can you change your like or hate, to like or dislike. I don't hate someone's comment, I just may disagree with them.