Robin Roberts

Returns to GMA

Welcomed Back by Obamas

2/20/2013 5:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

022013_roberts_gma

She's back!!!!! Robin Roberts returned to her anchor chair on "Good Morning America" on Wednesday ... her first day in her old job since undergoing a bone marrow transplant to treat a blood disorder.

And the best part -- she was greeted with welcome back messages from Barack and Michelle Obama, Oprah and Hillary Clinton!!

With a big ol' smile on her face, Roberts told the audience ... "I have been waiting 174 days to say this: 'Good Morning America.'"

As for the First Family ... Michelle O told Roberts, "Robin, we just want you to know that the whole Obama family, we've been thinking about you and praying for you and rooting for you every step of the way."

Roberts was diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) last year ... but says she's determined to beat it.

Looks like she's off to a good start.

Horrorholic024

Welcome to TMZ. Where lowlifes can write horrible cruel comments about a person surviving cancer.

two cents

It's so satisfying knowing I can come to TMZ and read comments, thereby reaffirming that I am not the only one that is SO tired of all the Robin overload.
Enough already!! I rather enjoyed GMA more without her and her blinding white teeth. Psst...abc... she's not that great. Move on already. I was so tired of watching this all this unnecessary hoopla, I had to turn it off and vomit. I'd rather have Elizabeth Vargas at that desk any day!!

NOT ELMO

me want you Retired already....

KicksandGiggles

Welcome back Robin. Now please use your considerable resources and influences to fight for others with this disease to obtain access to the same premium health care you received. Not all have such grand come backs due to lack of insurance and care options.

Spicy mag

She's a bore, but glad she's doing well. Now fire her and the rest of this crap show.

msmoeliss

She looks good. Much better than around the holidays. She was so skinny, she looks like she's gained healthy weight.

Jojo

Today 100 of people will anonymously die of cancer. Why should I care about Robin?

Truth

Oh look, a member of the Omedia returns and the Obama crowd show up to welcome her. What a shock.

Sapphiegirl

Would the Obamas have done this if it were Katie Couric who came back from a medical leave?

bellagrazi

Great to see you back, Robin! GB

DaveT

She was welcomed back by the war mongering profiteers known as the Obamas?
"Obama Fact Sheet. Bush, Obama, Same Old Drama! Chronological ..."
@ Google Search @ St Peace for Peace Org

Truth

UGH... FUGLY ASS NEEDS A WIG, POINT BLANK! IF SHE WAS WHITE THERE BE NO CALL FROM 160...0 PENN AVENUE, JUST SAYIN... #TRUTH!!

fresera

Now, SHE is a role model. If anyone has seen cancer, you know the arduous rode back to health, if even possible. She's fought her way back to health and I'm so happy for her! Good job keeping your head up, Robin. You're an inspiration to those fighting battles that seem endless.

DaveT

Chris Brown gives a higher percentage of his income to charity than Robin does.
Chris Brown has done more for children's charities than Robin has.
Chris Brown has done more one-on-one charity work for kids than Robin has.
Chris Brown should have mentioned this during the interview where the two-faced man-hating sexist Robin tried to humiliate him.
But he's still young, bit of time for him to learn there are better ways of dealing with women like her than getting mad; just call her out for her own lack of contributions to society :D

dianne

So I'm a hater, I am a hater, I hate people of color that say everyone is a racist, I hate people that are too stupid to see what this president and democRAT party and the republican party are doing to this country. I hate that this country is not based on GOD. So yeah, I am a hater and proud of it. On the other hand, I respect Robin and am really glad to see that she is getting so much better. She is a truly lovely person. So if you don't agree with me on the other stuff, fu.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments