Candy Spelling Sues

My Landlord

Is An A-Hole!!!

2/22/2013 12:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0222_candy_spelling_01
Candy Spelling
is learning the hard way ... it sucks not to own, because she's now suing her landlord who she claims is making her life a living hell.

In Candy's lawsuit -- filed by her attorney Michael Saltz -- she states she's paying $28,000 a month to live in the swanky Carlyle building near Westwood while the ridiculously lavish penthouse she owns is being built.

Here's the problem -- Candy's penthouse isn't done yet ... it's behind schedule.  So she claims she had a deal with the owner of the unit she's renting in the Carlyle to extend her tenancy at her option.  In the suit, she claims the owner is trying to sell the unit and in the process he's breaking the deal by trying to force her out.

What's more ... Candy says the building sucks for all sorts of reasons.  She says she plunked down $10k of her own money to fix the air conditioning and heating system.

And even worse, Candy says the building tried cheating her by double billing for utilities.

And, oh the humanity ... she says the building let unauthorized people use her private elevator.

Lee

"Candy's penthouse isn't done yet ... it's behind schedule." Ah. yeah, I'd say it is. Didn't she sell Candyland or whatever it was called, 'the Manor' several years ago?

TXLady

If she has a contract which states the elevator is for her private use then why shouldn't she be upset? Maybe the property owners situation has changed and he now wants to sell, but he is still obligated to any contract he has with her, even options, regardless of his situation. I would assume Ms. Spelling had first class attorneys draw up the lease agreement and every possible scenario was spelled out, including extending the agreement if her penthouse wasn't completed in time.

lisa c

Pretty Cruddy Candy. Trying to diss the building your in so no one will buy the condo. Leave it to TMZ to give you a venue

Kevin

Oh "BOO HOO BITCH".....

I always Hated her...she represents that "Old 80's Donald Trump style wealth"....I bet she even voted for Romney. they all stick together....
No wonder her own daughter has very little to do with her!

Christine

Candy got her money from her dead husband, she can live on the street as far as I am concerned.

LindaJay

If she had to shell out ten large for A/C and heating problems (and was not re-imbursed accordingly) then the public needs to know what they're dealing with...I'd say. That's not fair. That and the elevator thing.

ray

WEBSTER'S dictionary has her picture as the definition for the word @unt.

lisa c

She wants this condo because she has a telescope in her majong room where she can watch the workers at her new place and make sure they are working. Serious...I saw her say it!

DaveT

I own my home, there are pros and cons to owning just as with renting, but I can't claim to be worried about anything near as close as $28 grand a month :D

Tom Liebengood

Poor dear--rent a trailer.

Butterfly

This woman seems to be from the traditional "old school" where "off color" language, publicly, is frowned upon. Whatever happened to, Pride, Dignity and, Class??? Time for a "comeback."

bbb1bbb2

all I can say is this It Tough 2 B Rich and so Mrs. Spelling then move out The Stupid Building then.

Eric

She reminds me a lot of the movie Overboard.. She probably has the same mentality..

Fallopia Lopez

Candy Spelling is an entitled B, a C and a horrible human being. I don't care about her problems.

MadCharles

Another 1%'er. Where's OWS ?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments