Paula Deen

DRUNK On 'Today'

... Or Just Goofy??

2/22/2013 8:12 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

022213_paula_deena_today

update_bar
10:28 AM PST
:  A rep for Paula tells TMZ ... the notion that she was drunk is ridiculous, because Paula's not a drinker.
0314_divider_graphic
She INSISTED the morning mojito she sipped on was of the virgin variety ... but Paula Deen's goofy, salsa-dancing, chicken-ball obsessed appearance on "Today" had the Internet asking ... was she drunk??

Deen and her son kicked it with the morning show gang in Miami this morning to talk food -- but Deen was taking the conversation all over the place ... and people on Twitter began to question her sobriety.

She started with an impromptu hip-shaking salsa dance ... before talking about a run-in with a skunk that went down before the show began. Deen also tried to make the hosts smell her hands.

Then came a round of mojitos (Deen asked if they were virgin) ... and then a cooking segment, in which Deen professed her love for "chicken balls" ... prompting Al Roker to comment, "Set your watches, that's where it all went wrong."

Doesn't seem like she was hammered ... just her usual loud, uninhibited self.

Still, we gotta ask ...

Judy

Paul Deen is LOUD, obnoxious, bawdy, and inappropriate. She's ridden on Robert Irwine's back with a glass of wine in one hand (Google it) and licked his bare chest; she recently unbuttoned the shirt of a young man who was a guest on her cooking show and asked him to bend over so she could look at his butt. She's always licking her fingers while she cooks. She is DISGUSTING.

Joe

TMZ. Paula Deen is not drunk. She's Paula Deen. You are serious hacks that like to sling mud at anyone. I hope you get a life one day. TMZ really that's what you call yourselves. I can think of 3 other letters. WTF?

jawgie

That's just Paula - who makes up the gossip s***??

Mei

Since she is a diabetic her levels could have been out of whack. I do believe that was the case as I am also a type 2 and have to watch myself, eat on time, eat right stuff, not be over tired or I get silly and am accused of being drunk. I also think that many are out for her, they don't understand the illness or her personality. Oh one more thing, I also have been told that since I have gotten older my remarks are sometimes out of line and those that look for off color remarks find them to be so.

mikiesmonkey

I'm from Charleston, SC, and this woman is an embarrassment to southerners - trust me! That FAKE, over the top southern accent is nauseating. I don't know a soul here in Charleston who says "y'all" in every sentence as Paula does. Go away, Paula Deen !! UGH!

mikiesmonkey

Linn

She is diabetic and sometmes this happens when meds need to be adjusted or sugar levels drop.

Van

She looks like Pamela Anderson after being worked on by Dr. Frankenstein and Sir Burger King

Peg

What's wrong? LiLo laying low this week?
If she was "drunk" then she's ALWAYS drunk, because that is classic, funny, silly Paula. Stop looking for trouble where there isn't any.

Lassie

So? I was drunk WATCHING her on TV.

Melody

She's not drunk, just being her usual loud, obnoxious, irritating self. I can't stand that ignorant, over-embellished southern drawl of hers. I couldn't be in a room with her for more than 5 minutes before I'd have to slap the sh*t out of her.

Howard Hork

I've seen lots of drunks and the "but officer I'm diabetic" plea doesn't work. I would have given her a test.

James

I think she is the most obnoxious person on the planet. Can someone PLEASE teach her how NOT to talk through her nose! That voice could peel paint off a wall.

Howard Hork

I've seen plenty of drunks. The "...but officer I'm diabetic" doesn't work. Quit leaning on your illness others. I would have given you a roadside test Paula.

jibber652

She is diabetic and should not be having anything with alcohol. She is goofy to begin with so it is probably just her and her act. That is one thing I do not like about her to much goofyness I watch to learn to cook something not her acting like an goofball, she can be annoying.