Paula Deen

DRUNK On 'Today'

... Or Just Goofy??

2/22/2013 8:12 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

022213_paula_deena_today

update_bar
10:28 AM PST
:  A rep for Paula tells TMZ ... the notion that she was drunk is ridiculous, because Paula's not a drinker.
0314_divider_graphic
She INSISTED the morning mojito she sipped on was of the virgin variety ... but Paula Deen's goofy, salsa-dancing, chicken-ball obsessed appearance on "Today" had the Internet asking ... was she drunk??

Deen and her son kicked it with the morning show gang in Miami this morning to talk food -- but Deen was taking the conversation all over the place ... and people on Twitter began to question her sobriety.

She started with an impromptu hip-shaking salsa dance ... before talking about a run-in with a skunk that went down before the show began. Deen also tried to make the hosts smell her hands.

Paula Deen...

• Wasted
  • Just Paula
Then came a round of mojitos (Deen asked if they were virgin) ... and then a cooking segment, in which Deen professed her love for "chicken balls" ... prompting Al Roker to comment, "Set your watches, that's where it all went wrong."

Doesn't seem like she was hammered ... just her usual loud, uninhibited self.

Still, we gotta ask ...

Richard Daniels

It is customary in our house to turn off the TV (or at least change the channel) whenever Ms. Deen is on. Offers little, she does.

Gary Destro

Ah, what the hell. let the old broad kick back a few before she goes on TV! Remember Jackie Gleason with his "How sweet it is!"?

terry

I would get drunk also if I had to hang out with that bunch of losers.. However, Paula has way too much class - she was just having fun. stop the drama and learn some respect for this awsome Mother and cook.

elinor s

Paula's teeth scare the hell out of me----gross----

Dean

This broad will do anything for attention,anything.

Karen

Some people shouldn't be so judgmental by jumping to the wrong conclusion. Sometimes when a diabetic's sugars are out of balance they can look and sound drunk. Too often a diabetic is arrested for drunk driving when all that happened was their sugars were off. Once the blood test proves the situation, they are released with no charges...usually all it takes to rebalance is eating something like an orange...

sherry

seriously this is stupid. watch her show she is always fun and silly. you either like it or you do not

lara2033

I was in New Orleans a couple years ago. Guy's weekend and Paula D was doing a cooking show and a book signing so of course I had to a signed copy for my wife. We had just arrived at the casino floor. I saw Paula D with a Drink in one hand and a cigarette in the other at a slot machine . Looked like my grandma at first, its amazing what a air brush can do with the magazines. A lady walked up and said, Hi Mrs.Deen! Miss Deen stated, I'm not signing any autographs get out of here. Floored me I said, don't worry ma'am she a old hag I will have to tell my wife to stop buying her Sh%&%T.

lara2033

Yep: She's a drunk saw her in New Orleans drunk as Sh*&^&^&T drink in one hand and a cigarette in the other. Rude and Obnoxious to lady who just hello.. "I'm not signing autographs get out of here"

Monteen

OMG!!! Get over it!!! She is a Diabetic, and anyone that is a Diabetic or been around someone that is, they can act out when there is a shift in their sugar levels!!
Her son would never have let her on air "drunk"!
To the person that said Pauls was the most disgusting person earth!!!! You need to get out more!!!!
Drunk in New Orleans? I would hope if I were in New Orleans, I would be totally drunk, so I would not know I was there!!!
Leave Paula Deen alone TMZ, try really reporting on the no good POLITICIANS that have done far wore w/o any memtion!!!!
This is my 1st time responding--but I could not let this one go!!!

Monteen

OMG!! Get over it!!! Paula Deen is a Diabetic!!! Take that and her "just being Paula", no harm done and I am sure people got a lot of laughs.

millie

yes, she was probably drunk, she was drunk when we went to see her in cherokee nc

Lone Duffer

She's lost a lot of weight and looks hot! hot! hot!! Pass the mojitos baby cause liquor is quicker.

Kim

WELL, IF SHE WAS DRINKING SHE SHOULDN'T BE IF SHE IS DIABETIC. NOT A GOOD COMBINATION.

Inkling

That is just Paula being her typical outrageous self. She is obviously looking and feeling much better since losing some weight. I wonder how dropping some weight has affected her Type 2 diabetes. It probably is now under control naturally.