Steven Tyler

I Spent $5 Mil on Cocaine

2/22/2013 2:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0222-steven-tyler-tmz
Steven Tyler says he "snorted half of Peru" over the course of his drug-addled rock career -- easily spending at least $5 million on cocaine before he finally kicked the habit.

The Aerosmith singer revealed the drug numbers on Australia's "60 Minutes" this week, saying he spent a fortune on booger sugar as a young rock star ...  "Probably, realistically, 5 or 6 [million], easy ... You could also say I snorted half of Peru, but, you know, it's what we did."

Tyler's been open about his former drug addiction for a while now -- telling Matt Lauer back in 2011, "I needed that cocaine. I needed it." But he said it ruined him, adding, "It took my children away, it took my marriages away. I was on my knees."

Tyler sobered up in the mid 80s but later relapsed. He was diagnosed with Hepatitis C in 2003, which he believes he contracted as a result of his intravenous drug use.

Tyler's been in and out of rehab numerous times, but now considers himself sober.

mallball

Steven Tyler loves SOSA!!!

Michele

Wow Steven...all I need is $65,000 to pay off my student loan when I became a teacher in NYS to support my 2 sons and myself.

Sjango

The life of a rockstar

(◉_◉) Brush Your Teeth (◉_◉)

Steven, I would like you to meet Charlie.

CLINT

5 Million dollars!! Who was his dealer , Tony Montana?

EasilyHard

Melissa Rivers looks A M A Z I N G★in that hat!

judy jetson

SHOCKING NEWS!!!

SoWhat

Only 5 million over decades of using? He's an amateur compared to the tens of millions Lindsay Lohan has spent in less than a decade and that's not even counting the tons that her mom has been doing.

tleeg

He stops doing drugs and then hasnt recorded a listenable song in decades

Areader

Easy!

Joe t. Pico

Total BS, current market value for a kilo is 20k-23k in the 80s a k went for 12k or less, yea he was and is still rich/stupid so he more than likely over paid, nevertheless there is no way he comsumed that much coke even if he sniffed an 8ball daily for 10yrs...

Mike44090

My first thought was "THAT'S ALL?" Then I realized that back in those day it was probably much cheaper when you buy it in bulk.

Spilled Milk

Wish i was his supplier

CorkiDeCat

Looks like it...

JR Jake

Steven Tyler on cocaine, please say it is not so. Most of us thought that had injected nitro into him back in the 70's. Steven had more launch that the darn Space Shuttle. $5 million, yup, that is easy to blow through, especially when you are entertaining friends. Steve, was that for personal consumption or for dealing purposes?