Ben Affleck's Oscar Speech

Can He Recover

... At Home??

2/25/2013 7:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

022513_ben_affleck_oscars_v2_launchBen Affleck could probably use a ladder to get out of that hole he dug himself into at the Oscars last night when he called out the imperfections in his marriage to Jennifer Garner during his "Argo" victory speech.

You could hear the nervous laughter from the crowd when Affleck -- who was racing through his speech -- said, "I want to thank my wife ... for working on our marriage for 10 Christmases."

He continued, "It's good ... it IS work, but it's the best kind of work ... and there's no one I'd rather work with."

We respect his honesty ... and Garner was smiling when the camera cut to her ... but how do you think the comment went over at home, behind closed doors?

We gotta ask ...

wendy

at the golden globes he complety forgot to mention her and had george clooney say something when he went on stage to announce. it's safe to say ben gets a little shaken when accepting an award, he's normally well composed.

anon

Really TMZ this is crazy talk. IT was a message to HOLLYWOOD that marriage takes work & its not easy. So many are giving up so quickly. Ben acknowledges the real world & marriage & you people make is nonsense. GO BEN & JEN! Thanks for being real

NOT ELMO

Hey Folks, if you are NOT a Good Actor or you are NOT a Good Director But you dream of becoming an OSCAR-WINNER then invest some of your money and become a FILM-PRODUCER because even if you have NO Talent if the movie you paid money to get it made WINS an OSCAR then YOU become an OSCAR-WINNER..............Yes the OSCAR will have the names all of the other Producers that invested their money in the movie but hey you WIN an OSCAR.

bruno13

Talk about doing TOO MUCH BLOW in the men's room. Geez! Oh, the Hollywood entitled elites, they're just so damn special! If I was on that stage racing through speach, sweathing like a pig, pupils dialated, I'd have the Feds on me the minute I came back down off the stage. Fcck Him!

Tracey

I LOVED what he said. It is why I LOVE him. He keeps it real for a Hollywood type!

Jean

wow, making something out of nothing, TMZ! the guy was happy, and flustered, and he stumbled on his words, his wife probably kidded him about it and they went to bed. I guess there weren't any really bad speeches to make fun of today huh.

mar1ey

He was talking quickly, he was thanking everyone who worked on the movie, then he was thanking the people in Iran, then he thanked his wife, who he said he didn't associate normally with Iran, and then he referenced back to the work comment he made, and that she worked on him, (not on the movie) and on the marriage, and there was no one he would rather work with.

It was a rushed speech in the beginning. I guess you read into things what you want. I was just able to follow along and thought it was a sincere and wonderful speech.

hotbitch

Their marriage does take work.....acting!! Ben cheats on her and she adores him like an idiot. Their marriage works because she does everything. He's a jerk.

mj1michey

probably just a case of the nerves

Mike skinner

Who cares about what he said, except that he made a movie in typical Hollywood fashion. The story makes it look like the CIA did everything, if you ask President jimmy carter or the Canadian ambassador Ken Taylor you will find out the truth. It was Ken Taylor and staff who were the heroes, 90% of the mission came from them not the CIA, they are the ones that risked everything. The CIA agent was only there 1.5 days.
Sorry did not like movie distorting history to increase box office returns.

neglky

He's right marriage is a full-time job, if someone don't realise that their marriage won't last long

REALbarbwire7

Making something out of nothing. I was thinking, "he's probably never home", and she wishes he was. It's called love.

Waka Waka Waka

How you LIKE me now jlo!!!!! Waka waka wakaaaa

Reyna38

Stupid actor ... Can't act for shyt ... Who ever gave him his chance should be hung.... He isn't gay bitch

Uh oh i am screwed

Oh please! It was obvious he was joking around and I am sure his wife knew that! She was beaming with pride and was so proud of him!