Carrie Fisher

HOSPITALIZED

After Bipolar Episode on Caribbean Cruise Ship

2/26/2013 10:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0226-tmz-carrie-fisher
Carrie Fisher
was hospitalized following a bizarre performance on board a Caribbean cruise ship last week -- and her rep tells TMZ, it was all caused by the actress' bipolar disorder.

Video footage surfaced of the performance -- which took place last week on board the Holland America Eurodam in the Caribbean -- showing Carrie slurring a couple off-key songs. Her dog even POOPS AND PEES on the stage while she's singing. It's pretty nuts.

There were reports Carrie -- who was featured on the cruise as a "surprise" celebrity guest -- was wasted at the time of the show ... but her rep says the on-stage breakdown was caused by Fisher's bipolar disorder.

The rep says, "There was a medical incident related to Carrie Fisher’s bipolar disorder.  She went to the hospital briefly to adjust her medication and is feeling much better now."

Carrie -- a recovering drug addict -- has publicly discussed her bipolar disorder in the past. The rep says it's unclear if Carrie will return to perform on the cruise ship again.

squeakermama

How current is this story? I thought she lost alot of weight and had some work done recently?

Erbear

Uhh, what was so bad? It looks like everyone was having fun, doing sing-a-longs and cracking jokes.

DaveT

Have to admit it'd be fun to be a dog and just walk around lifting your leg and wizzing on people you don't like :D

PureRadiance

So many unknowledgeable folk in here! The people responding talking trash making themselves look so foolish! How many in here even know what no polar is ? Look it up before trashing someone. So simple even you simpletons can do that!

PureRadiance

Bi polar

Jody

If this is what they call entertainment aboard the cruise ship, count me out. That isn't even a set, it is just a sofa with a lot of mess on the floor. Who are the guys on the sofa? Why are they even there. One of them looks to have an aluminum roasting pan in his hand.

Very low brow.

Mrugowsky

Stop f*cking with Princess Leia.

CyndiChainsaW

Ugh. I've not seen the video. I'm more concerned with the plastic surgery she's had. I can't make out from the images if she looks totally different from the Leia days. Facial features I mean, I know she's old(Er). Princess Leia was my favorite!

me

Is this the new "thing"? Get caught being drunk in public, and automatically go to the hospital?

francois guerin

Bypollar is such a great excused today, hey next time i get pullover by a cop i will just said that i am bypollar ...so funny, until they OD..:(

DaveT

Even after all these years every time someone watches the Jabba scenes you can hear zippers going down all over the country...."zzzzzzip!"

sophiastormy

She was drunk. Proud and drunk.. slurring words drunk. Dog was just being a dog

Lee

So, whatever happened to her weight loss endorsement with Jenny Craig? Remember, Carrie said she lost 50 lbs....half a supermodel.
She has some issues and I wonder if Jenny knew about them before signing her on.

tina kelly

they should have given her music; to me it seems okay; perhaps it was after some vino...dogs pee and poop...I see nothing bi-polar about this video clip...in fact those men sitting there should have left, providing her more of a stage...whatever..haters always wanna hate

willard

and cruise ships have bottomless fountains of booze