Chris Brown

Brutalizing Rihanna Is

My 'Deepest Regret'

2/26/2013 3:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0226_chris_brown_upset_article
Chris Brown
is calling the infamous Rihanna beating in 2009 the "deepest regret of my life, the biggest mistake."

Brown told the UK Mirror, "Sometimes you row, you fight, with the one you love and things get said, stuff spirals."

He added, "But she loves me -- what can I say? I’m forgiven ... but, yes, I worked hard for it.”

You'll recall, Brown infamously brutalized Rihanna on the night of the Grammys back in 2009. He pled "guilty" to felony assault following the incident and was sentenced to probation and community service. He and Rihanna are now officially back together.

As for Seth MacFarlane's CB/Rihanna jab during the Oscars -- Brown said, "People attack me and criticise me, it happens all the time ... But they don’t know me, and they don’t know us. It doesn’t bother me any more ... Other people can judge us but they don’t know anything."

So we gotta ask ...

Heidi

It's time to move on from this, it's been about 3 years....,.... Obviously, the both of them have, it's their business & that episode didn't even effect the lives of those judging him ..... Unfortunately, he's not the first & won't be the last although with Chris being in the public eye it appears the media, especially TMZ won't back off...... MOVE ON......

unknow

I think Chris is a phenomenal fella, at the age of 19yr he took full responsibility for an action he did, which grown men, the likes of Charlie Sheen, Mel Gibson, Tommy Lee, Sean Penn have never really openly taken, even though they are repeated offenders.
He did his court ordered punishment like a man in the face of the world mocking and jeering and still tried to maintain a positive outlook on life with a smile on his face.
He turned that event around into a passion by setting up Symphonic Love Foundation were they support talented Kids in schools/Art, DV homes, best buddies, HIV/AIDs, Helplines for troubled Kids/adult and many more. He attends charity events and supports them financially, he host celebrity basketball events for good courses and certain % of proceeds from all his tours goes to charity works and he has the SLF website were you can get all this information.
He took time through songs and other means to seek back the love and forgiveness of someone he cared about deeply and he has been favored to have a second chance with her. This is what life is about.
We all make mistake, some in the public glare so they are judged most harshly. The difference between this man and the men I mentioned above is that he took responsibility for his action, tried to correct that mistake, went further to identify with causes relating to that action in the form of his foundation to help better others who are in similar situation just to give them hope that their is a better way out. This is what the world is preaching about.
Instead of the media bashing him all the time and forcing him to become a monster which he is obviously not b’cos all his exes stay friends with him, there is a lesson here to learn about forgiveness and second chances and inspiring todays troubled youth do better through the eyes of this young man.
When people say Chris and Rihanna are not role model, I totally disagree, in as much as I might not agree with all their personal action which is allowed b’cos they are human (I do not expect any one to be perfect either b’cos I am not, even robots malfunction talk less humans), their work ethic, their tight person relationship with their fanbase, their charity works, their close relationship with their parents/family members in a time when parent don’t care about their children n vice-verse ( in an age where parents are waiting for outside role models to train their children), this two have managed to sustain their career even in the face of heavy criticism and media bashing/lies.
Sometime, I wonder how they cope b’cos reading some of the comments and lies about them even puts me in a bad mood for days, yet I am not at the receiving end.
I will have to commend both, especially Chris for growing up so fast into a young beautiful man that any parent will be luck to have as a son and any woman will be happy to have as a man.
He is young yet so wise beyond his age/peers group. If anyone says he has not shown public remorse for what he did then I will say you are simply a hater of Chris. Not shown public remorse is Charlie Sheen, Mel Gibson, Tommy Lee, Sean Penn and they walk around freely enjoying their careers unhindered by the media and public.
I believe in second chances and I believe everyone deserve it, no matter the color, race, ethnicity, creed or religion and Chris/Rihanna should not be the exception. I am happy they worked through their differences as productive adults and are happy with each other today. More people should take cue from this and learn to live in forgiveness.

cali323

We don't live in a perfect world and there is definitely NOBODY that has never made any mistakes and is a perfect human being!

TigerLily

Biting some one in the face doesn't 'just happen'. Most people don't lose control to that extent, no matter how angry they get. That is beyond anger. I've seen abused animals, even rabid, diseased animals with more self-control.
To all the people defending him & saying he 'paid his dues' & 'what happens between a couple is private', If he wants people to stop talking smack about them & their relationship, & doesn't want people judging them, then stop responding, stop putting out the tweets, the photos, & everything else if you don't want the world to have an opinion. Better yet, make better choices.
I wonder how forgiving CB would be if some dude beat the sh*t outta his MOM & bit her in her FACE!

cali323

Only fake a$$ people that pretend like their $#!t don't stink! Like these unforgiving haters!

Mrugowsky

Like he really said that nonsense. He's not self-aware enough to think about those things.

DaveT

Media folks and some in the public *want* Rihanna to get beat up
That's why they endlessly attack Chris, they want to make him feel unsupported, attacked and judged...because they want to push him into a stressed state of mind, hoping and praying he'll lose his temper and hit Rihanna
They don't care about Rihanna, not at all, they're shallow people, much like the local neighborhood gossips and slanderers, trying their best to make the situation come true
So that if Chris ever does lose it and hit someone, the media attackers and public can say...."SEE!!! TOLD YOU!!!! I TOLD YOU!!!"
They want Rihanna to get hit
"he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man"

Snerkles

It's not only the Rihanna-beating, sweetheart, it's your complete lack of common sense (garage parking episode, fights, etc.), which makes people judge your
actions. When (if) you change your way of handling
stress, and work on acquiring a little humility, we'll
recognize that, and get off your back.

SoManyIdiots

He simply regrets what it did to his career and his image. Nothing more.

Smartone

He regrets getting caught and the affect its had on his career. Still the same loser thug he was in 09'.

ivy4990

If he had killed her should we still be so forgiving? No this is not any of my "business" but I have no respect for a man who not only hits a woman, but bites and chokes her. I have been there before and I left because I knew it was only a matter of time before it happened before.

esq777

Any man who hits a woman is not a man. He's a piece of garbage. Period.

dale12

Rihanna is an immature loose cannon, in other words she likes to push the envelope. (Just look at how she has treated Chris Brown's former GF.) Then you add a dash of Chris Brown, who has anger issues, and you get gasoline & fire! Its just a matter of time b4 those two implode again, imho.

cali323

Amen! Well said! God bless them both!

Elyse

As long as Rihanna forgave him, all is well.