Seth MacFarlane

I'll NEVER Host

the Oscars Again

2/26/2013 7:43 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0226_seth_macfarlane

Rest easy, prudes ... and Kardashian family ... 'cause "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane says there's "no way" he'll return to the Academy Awards as a host.

MacFarlane's hosting performance has been the subject of some major media scrutiny ... by people who take the awards WAAYYY too seriously ... yet, ratings for the show were reportedly UP this year.

Still, when Seth was asked on Twitter if he would ever return as the host ... he tweeted back, "No way. Lotta fun to have done it, though."

Oh, and in case you forgot the joke he made about the K-Squad ... here's what he said while talking about Ben Affleck in "Argo":

"First time I saw him with all that dark facial hair, I thought 'My god, the Kardashians have finally made the jump to film.'"

C'mon ... that's funny stuff.

0226_oscar_hosts_years_footer

TraceyLou

I only tuned in because he was hosting. Loved it!

vivienblue_06

His joke about the K-squad is not offending whatsoever in my point of view, I mean common' K-squad,...

CanGirl

Seth wasn't Seth enough. Especially if you only plan on hosting once(something he said BEFORE show) do everything you do best without fearing consequences. People live Seth Macfarlane because he appears so clean cut with the great voice-yet has such a sick sense of humor. Where the F was it on Oscar nite?

SB

Kardashians should feel lucky they were even mentioned on the Oscars.

NOT ELMO

He can NOT make a Nice Joke, Everything is Sexual or Rude, i'm glad He got Fired.................THE OSCARS, I call them like that because of FEB-20-13 they are NOT The Academy Awards anymore, look.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Award

Woot

Never having seen him before, I thought he was great.

Oh well.... back to the dysfunctional old production, I guess.

janet

C'mon guys, he's not a stand up commedian but he is talented but the Oscars is a very snobby award show. He just wasn't suited for it.

I'd bet it would have been much better if he was allowed to do what he would have liked to.

He got a few good zingers in. Kardashians, Rhianna and Chris Brown too funny.

If you can't read in-between the lines and understand the sarcasum probally won't find it funny.

Bridget

That's to bad, I thought Seth did a good job. I only tuned out to watch "The Walking Dead". And I usually channel surf a lot more during the Oscars.

Denver

People say never again and then change their minds. Billy Crystal and the Oscars. Sean Connery and 007. Rihanna and Chris Brown. McFarlane and the Oscars. He was obviously nervous but still did a good job. Maybe they will invite him back, maybe not.

Savannah

Thank god. He was terrible and a lot racist, sexist and homophobic.

Mike

I bet Russell Brand would like to host the Oscars. He did the MTV Music Awards a few years ago. He loves to be the center of attention and poke fun at various things like most stand up comics do.

The people who produce the show would have to sit down with him and tell him what his boundaries are as far as his comedy goes though. Russell can go off on a tangent and the next thing you know he's talking about some super raunchy, tasteless or offensive stuff. He's a comedian that is hard to put on a leash.

GabyO

Are the Jack Ass Crew hosting next year?

treyc

Too bad. he hwas good.

Ms Kris

I enjoyed him on Sunday night-he did his thing & people are complaining-there is ALOT more to complain about from Sunday like the disappointing Bond tribute, Stewart in dress/hair/adulterer/could NOT say her line & was bored to tears/Garner getting to present BECAUSE OF THE HUSBAND/the terrible delivery for the animated films/other presenters who sucked

Surlypoet

Dear Hollywood babes, listen up. You can't wave your knockers in front of the camera for pay then realistically pull off offended (yes I'm looking at YOU Charlize Theron) when you're immortalized in song. Frankly you're not THAT good an actress.