Seth MacFarlane

I'll NEVER Host

the Oscars Again

2/26/2013 7:43 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0226_seth_macfarlane

Rest easy, prudes ... and Kardashian family ... 'cause "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane says there's "no way" he'll return to the Academy Awards as a host.

MacFarlane's hosting performance has been the subject of some major media scrutiny ... by people who take the awards WAAYYY too seriously ... yet, ratings for the show were reportedly UP this year.

Still, when Seth was asked on Twitter if he would ever return as the host ... he tweeted back, "No way. Lotta fun to have done it, though."

Oh, and in case you forgot the joke he made about the K-Squad ... here's what he said while talking about Ben Affleck in "Argo":

"First time I saw him with all that dark facial hair, I thought 'My god, the Kardashians have finally made the jump to film.'"

C'mon ... that's funny stuff.

0226_oscar_hosts_years_footer

TPF

He knows everyone hates the Kardasian's and they trashy family. No morals, no talent,no education, no looks, but they are good at eating dark meat!

guerrero329

hes the only reason I watched the show.

Bryan

I don't blame him, theirs too many prudes in the world.

CorkiDeCat

That is called quitting before your fired...

SoManyIdiots

Don't like cartoons. That's his act in nutshell.

I'm Awesome admit it

If you dislike Seth go F yourself he's one of the people who do jokes and doesn't care about others reactions

Sundevils84

I thought Seth was great.

dd

Thank You!

Dee

I thought he was good. A lot better than past hosts. I'm unsure of what folks were expecting from him. Everything that Seth does is crude, funny comedy. Did for some reason you think he'd change it up for something like the Oscars? Look at the people that made up the audience for the awards.

Truth

The show was boring and the Twinkie's that produce the show have no clue. Seth should stick to what he does best ..Family Guy. Next time hire the creators of South Park and then the show will be GREAT and the ratings will soar!

Jan

The show was TOO LONG. It was too much SETH.

smorbie

"I'll never host again", is his way of saying "pay me a lot more next time".

Darth Kai

So if you don't like this guy you're a prude? That's like saying you're racist if you don't like Obama. The guy just wasn't good, plain and simple.

Throwback kid

They should get Corey Feldman to host the Oscars, after he opens the show with a Michael Jackson dance routine, all the celeb a holes will get up and leave and the show will be over before it even starts and people will never have to see this lame awards show again. Cancel the Oscars, Cancel the Kardashians, lets clean up TV!

Mike

Some people in show business were just born with a "lovable rogue" kind of face. They have a good smile and you just like them right away for some reason. Those guys make the best comedians. I think Seth is funny but he seems more like the "straight man" in a two guy comedy routine .... like say Dean Martin when he was with Jerry Lewis. The guy that should be hosting the Academy awards should be more of a Jerry Lewis or Robin Williams kind of guy ... funny, wacky, exaggerated, zany a lot of the time and yet still down to earth enough to know when he needs to be serious and turn down the volume of his comedy routines.