Seth MacFarlane

I'll NEVER Host

the Oscars Again

2/26/2013 7:43 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0226_seth_macfarlane

Rest easy, prudes ... and Kardashian family ... 'cause "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane says there's "no way" he'll return to the Academy Awards as a host.

MacFarlane's hosting performance has been the subject of some major media scrutiny ... by people who take the awards WAAYYY too seriously ... yet, ratings for the show were reportedly UP this year.

Still, when Seth was asked on Twitter if he would ever return as the host ... he tweeted back, "No way. Lotta fun to have done it, though."

Oh, and in case you forgot the joke he made about the K-Squad ... here's what he said while talking about Ben Affleck in "Argo":

"First time I saw him with all that dark facial hair, I thought 'My god, the Kardashians have finally made the jump to film.'"

C'mon ... that's funny stuff.

0226_oscar_hosts_years_footer

braintrain

Way to make it about the kardashians

braintrain

Love Seth

Morticia Cowghoul

SETH WAS AWESOME!!!!
but I am a huge fan of his work so i am bias. that **** was FUNNY...we saw your boobs..hahahhaa.
Glad he got to give it a run.

Nancy

They say his opening act took so long it that all the acceptance speeches had to be cut by 1 minute. I rather his opening number than every acceptance starting off with "I'd like to thank God, Jesus, The Lord....etc".

WiddoMouse

Why are these celebrities so ungrateful for the opportunities they receive? It seems every time someone hosts the Oscars, etc., and receive some negative reviews, they act like two-year olds. They stomp their little feet and say 'I won't ever do this again'. It's OK. There are plenty of up and coming celebrities who would sell their souls for an opportunity to host the Oscars.

Bloo

He was awesome, what a shame =/

Mike

Seth's "we saw your boobs" song and dance thing was the funniest thing he did.

It reminded me of that old Monty Python movie "The Meaning of Life" where Eric Idle sang that "penis song". That is one of my all time favorite comedy movies.

Nonsense

He was funny. Made it almost bearable to watch.

heavenly

Love seth!

DaveT

What the deuce?!?!

VinnyD

All I know is that I laughed. He was the best host in years. I'm amazed at how clueless some of the comments from journalists have been about his performance. They just didn't get it. Some thought Charlize Theron was really offended even though it was staged. The John Wilkes Booth joke was supposed to be tasteless and cringe inducing. He knew what the response would be and had a follow line preplanned. Last year REALLY sucked. I say bring him back.

jay26mc

Bummer, he was fantastic.

scandal@ungibungi.com

This is great news, because he was about as funny as a heart attack! He should stick to his lame cartoons.

Kookla

He was so so good I'm bumbed out. I really thought the oscars were great thus year thanks to him

Msykes530

What did they expect? It's Seth MacFarlane! He did what he does best. I didn't think it was that bad at all, everyone is too PC and sensitive now to have a little fun without getting butthurt.