Seth MacFarlane

I'll NEVER Host

the Oscars Again

2/26/2013 7:43 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0226_seth_macfarlane

Rest easy, prudes ... and Kardashian family ... 'cause "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane says there's "no way" he'll return to the Academy Awards as a host.

MacFarlane's hosting performance has been the subject of some major media scrutiny ... by people who take the awards WAAYYY too seriously ... yet, ratings for the show were reportedly UP this year.

Still, when Seth was asked on Twitter if he would ever return as the host ... he tweeted back, "No way. Lotta fun to have done it, though."

Oh, and in case you forgot the joke he made about the K-Squad ... here's what he said while talking about Ben Affleck in "Argo":

"First time I saw him with all that dark facial hair, I thought 'My god, the Kardashians have finally made the jump to film.'"

C'mon ... that's funny stuff.

0226_oscar_hosts_years_footer

Steve

Anytime you can bag on Kimmode, ****ny, Whorey and the leech B oo b in front of millions, it's gravy.

Rachael

There you go TMZ...pay your bills with yet ANOTHER POINTLESS KARDASHIAN mention.

Nancy

The comments on here seem to be 50/50. This is the first time I sat through an entire Oscar Awards show, and there's been many, but I only tuned in for Seth, not the Oscars. I thought he did pretty good, but to each his own.If he does not come back, I think the perfect host for next year would be Jimmy Kimmel. I could see him bringing in the highest ratings Oscar has ever had.

Thomas Jefferson

He was great but the show sucked as the audience had no sense of humor.

kitnplayn

Seth is not funny, he's vulgar and discriminatory. This is his schtick. That is why he is famous.

kitnplayn

P.S. Somebody should Tell Seth that the Oscars are NOT a celebrity roast.

wendy

i (now i'm just speaking for myself here) think seth is the most eligible bachleor. he's handsome, he's a crooner, he's successful, he's funny, you would never be bored with a man like that. he looks great in a tux, he looks great in jeans.....

angie

i thought he was hilarious. I havent watched the Oscars in years. The only reason I watched this year was because of Seth MacFarlane hosting.

Iris

I loved Seth as the host! He was hilarious! I know some of the jokes were a little out there, but that's what he's known for, to go over the line! So just laugh people!

Afrolocs

I actually watched the entire Oscars for the first time because of him.

Jan

Bethenny Frankel loved him too. He should be her first guest on her upcoming talk show. I thought the show was too LONG,too much SETH, and we turned it off.

MsRita

You sucked they will never ever never ever ask you back.

Mrugowsky

His sense of humour is more 14 year old boy than Oscar material.

Lisa

Good!!! He was terrible, sexist and NOT FUNNY!!!!!

hummingbird

I think he did a good job! And seriously if he didn't make jokes, it would of been a sleep fest!