Seth MacFarlane

I'll NEVER Host

the Oscars Again

2/26/2013 7:43 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0226_seth_macfarlane

Rest easy, prudes ... and Kardashian family ... 'cause "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane says there's "no way" he'll return to the Academy Awards as a host.

MacFarlane's hosting performance has been the subject of some major media scrutiny ... by people who take the awards WAAYYY too seriously ... yet, ratings for the show were reportedly UP this year.

Still, when Seth was asked on Twitter if he would ever return as the host ... he tweeted back, "No way. Lotta fun to have done it, though."

Oh, and in case you forgot the joke he made about the K-Squad ... here's what he said while talking about Ben Affleck in "Argo":

"First time I saw him with all that dark facial hair, I thought 'My god, the Kardashians have finally made the jump to film.'"

C'mon ... that's funny stuff.

0226_oscar_hosts_years_footer

carmen

I'm glad you won't be back. Your lame. Not even funny. We actually muted you the entire show. lol. The only reason the ratings were up is because of all the great movies that came out this year and all the top movies were awesome. You want a great Oscar show then put Ellen Degeneress in there or Billy Crystal. Not this moron. Tasteless.

fritz

seriously, this was the most fun Oscars I've seen. Mostly because of Seth. Funny or not, I appreciate his effort to make things lively. To the stoic people, just watch the Kardashians :)

Theresa Mendoza

I love Seth Macfariane, he is so funny, I love family guy and American dad, and I though he was good In my book he can do it again next year

Whatever

The jokes were not funny, period. I would gladly welcome back Billy Crystal, Chris Rock or Steve Martin/Alec Baldwin than to see Seth again.

DeeMaree

I enjoyed Seth. And I'm sick of hearing he wasn't pc. He was funny. He was equal in his jabs. Give it a rest.

Cali

Wow ppl are so damn dumb and annoying he did good and gave us a couple of laughs you ppl are just stupid and are stuck up f u c k s

Seriously?

He did great job! Seriously, & Ted excellent!

tehheh

He was very good. Best host in years. Probably the most talented host in many years.Those reactions by actresses during the boob song were clips from other award shows. Loved the sock puppets and the Sally Field skits. It was satire for the TV audience, not the self-important, overpaid show business people.

STAYCLASSYSANDIEGO

have the kartrashian whures host next year.

LetsBeReAL

It's sucks that he wouldn't host another show. I'd hope the Academy could convince him otherwise because he boosted ratings. The ONLY reason I tuned in was because Seth was hosting. He's hilarious and has no filter, although he certainly used a filter for the award show--they should be grateful. Lets be real and say that so many of us tuned in because we knew he was hosting and wanted to see what he might say. I hope the Academy knows that next year when they are considering who should host. Also, I had no clue he could actually sing.

Kookla

He was funny which was refreshing and new for the oscars. Not bad to look at either

Dstro

He was awesome. I loved the John Wilkes booth joke... He kept it real and stayed true to what has made him famous. Can't ask for anything more. Thanks Seth for doing you. I enjoyed the show!

22finest

He was definitely awesome!!! It's all jokes he's a comic and dam good at it.. family guy speaks for itself being offended was no need..

22finest

Also meant to say no one those producers didn't ok those jokes..they knew what he was going to say..if they felt it would be out of line they wouldn't let him say it..but what Grammys you know wasn't suppose to have jokes along with other hosts at shows..

AshesofAngels

All these Crack Heads want to Jeer and Protest after the fact, you knew well in advance that Seth McFarlane was hosting and what you were going to get from him! Even Ray Charles standing behind Stevie Wonder could see what Seth was bringing to the party, he was bringing Crack and if you didn't protest in an uproar before hand than smoke the damned thing and Shut the Hell Up!