Mary-Louise Parker

I Did NOT Threaten to Kill

Antique Shop Owner

2/27/2013 11:03 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0227-mary-parker-tmz-shop
"Weeds" star Mary-Louise Parker adamantly denies calling a New York antique shop owner a "f*g" ... and threatening to have him KILLED ... despite the shop owner's accusations to the contrary.

A rep for MLP tells TMZ, the actress visited the Saugerties, NY antique store on January 2nd with her friend, who was owed a check by the shop owner for selling one of her purses.

The rep says the shop owner refused to pay Parker's friend ... and an argument ensued, during which the owner tried to take advantage of Parker's celebrity status by claiming she had threatened his life. The rep insists Parker had nothing to do with the fight.

In fact, the rep says as soon as it became clear to Parker that she was being roped into the situation ... Parker left.

As for the "f*g" accusation -- Parker's rep says anyone who knows the actress knows she would never say that word.

The owner -- a man named Daniel Seldin -- had filed an incident report with police following the alleged altercation, accusing Parker of threatening his life, saying, "DO YOU WANT TO WAKE UP TOMORROW? I'LL MAKE ONE PHONE CALL." Seldin said Parker also called him a "f*g."

We spoke to Seldin who insists his story is legit, adding, "I felt totally berated and violated." Seldin says he has since paid Parker's friend her money ... despite the incident.

Seldin snapped a photo of Parker while she was in the store. He says it was taken during her homophobic outburst.

Mr Rod

This is what happens when you let those filthy f@ggots out of the closet, and into society!

itsmegnotmeghan

Interesting that he's making this claim. What was his excuse for not paying her friend? He only paid her, what she was rightfully owed, so he wouldn't look like a huge ass when he came out with the rubbish. Problem is sir, you look like a huge ass either way. TMZ why do you give someone like this waste any time?

Tesla_Consulting

She had nothing to do with a fight ... that she showed up to.

L

Guess the Weeds role has the bitch delusional, thinking she's a drug dealer n gangsta LMAO......

chaozz

Anytime a celeb is involved, they start calling the cops and lawyers..lame

Kowny Krush

I have no idea who this woman is.
As soon as I saw the photo, my immediate first thought was, "What a c - - - ."

BB not bb

I really don't think that she went into some backwoods antique store with the intention of threatening a shop owner with a hit man on retainer. I think the drama queen shop owner is just doing his best to be the annoying pain that he was being all along. If she said anything, he was provoking her by refusing to pay her friend, which is a crime.

In that picture, she looks like someone who is pleading for her friend's money. She does not look threatening, just put out.

This is why interactions with homosexuals can be so dangerous, especially for women. They see a woman who they can't compete with no matter how much drag they put on, so they just are catty to a vicious and dangerous degree.

I think homosexuality has a lot to do with hatred or fear of women. I don't think people are born to want to do something unatural. I think they are born with a weakness in their brain that makes them think wrong is right.

BB not bb

The guy probably took the purse for himself so he imagined that since he got no money, he didn't have to pay for it. She looks like she is trying to be stern, so he twisted that in his mind to mean that she was threatening his life.

It is funny how he managed to pay up though, now that he was so threatened and violated. What was violated was his out of control ego.

He doesn't think he should be berated for stealing money? I guess if being a homosexual is cool, anything goes then.

CrimsonLove81

Her face says "Really? Your taking a picture right now". He was probably some fan boy and got his feelings hurt when she didn't feel like jumping through celebrity hoops to entertain him. Who would snap a picture and not video of an alleged altercation.

sandy

How does this kind of fiction even get enough traction to be reported? i would not for one second believe her capable of such a bigoted statement. Silliness.

JimmyCrapCorn

No way.

sandy

Not for one second would I believe her capable of such a bigoted statement. Shameful shop owner, silly report.

Yelito

be careful of Nancy Botwin...and Shane is a killer!

Miki

I want my two dollars! I want my two dollars and my 15 minutes of fame. I want my two dollars!

kenbo

Hard to tell what really happened but I can tell that her body language in that picture is definitely not one of a person in the middle of a rant. I'd also love to know why this guy was refusing to pay her friend.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments