Rick Ross

Police Guard Rapper

At Swanky NYC Hotel

2/27/2013 1:24 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0227_rick_ross_01
Rick Ross
-- the rapper who has allegedly been targeted by a dangerous gang -- is being protected by NYC cops round-the-clock because of recent threats ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

We've learned cops have been guarding Ross at The London Hotel for the last few days.

Sources tell us, recent threats have been specifically aimed at the rapper ... and he's not taking them lightly.

You'll recall Ross' Rolls-Royce was shot up in Ft. Lauderdale last month after the rapper's birthday party while Ross was making his way home. Ross and his passenger were not injured in the attack -- clearly, the shots were intended as a warning.

0227_police_rick_ross

Nadiadamit

Keeps your eyes on this one.. if it is from Chicago.. its just a matter of time. When i was 12yrs old in a classroom in texas...my class door was kicked in and a group of guys snatched a kid from his chair. never seen the kid again. Turns out he was older guy~ in hiding~ from a gang from Chicago. i don't anything else except they found him.

mouthsaytongue

for the clueless ones; Rick Ross used to be a prison guard. does he hate cops? probably ( who doesn't ), but that doesn't matter. taxpayers money has been wasted on lamer crap than this.

he's not a real thug ( like most rappers ), it's all a game to get suburban white kids to buy their albums. and this whole thing about people trying to take down Ross is most likely a publicity stunt.

Dean

The violent-gang-thug types and their labels have taken over the 'music' industry now.Same as the gangs here in Chicago. PAY FOR YOUR OWN f'in security thug. Why I rarely stop by tmz anymore..it is becoming a black thug newswire.

Mrugowsky

The gang and him needs to squash that beef. That guy's not even important.

Brien

He obviously pissed someone off. Let them handle it themselves and STOP USING PUBLIC FUNDS to protect a POS!

NOT ELMO

the question is, how this beast keeps getting or making money....

Gargamel

If this guy had any sense he would move to Canada or the UK if he wants to survive

msmoeliss

I cant stand this guy. He walks around with this arrogant attitude I swear he thinks he's the black godfather.

I'm Awesome admit it

"I got a million dollar crew in NYC" 50 EXPOSED YOU OFFICER RICKYYYYY LMFAO like Mobb Deep "He ain't a crook son he just a shook one" This dude is the biggest fraud ever I thought Wayne was bad for false claiming Bloods but damn son this guy is really scared he shook dont talk tough unless you can back it up. I imagine 50 right now laughing his ass off at this puss we call Rick Ross

Lindsay Lohan Fan Forever

What does a former c.o and fake rapper expect when he acts so fake.

I'm Awesome admit it

Sometimes I wish I was on a Hip-Hop station just to these fake ass cats its pathetic how these fake ass cats get money like that when they lie in very song OFFICER RICKY is back with his boys aka his million dollar crew lol cut the check Ross either way he should get murked jus for false claming

taz

Some one explain why tax dollars are being used to guard this thug. Shouldn't he have to hire his own security? If you or I were threatened I doubt we would get a personal guard.

Killmonokill

Whats the Scariest thing about being a gangster rapper??? Answer..NOT BEING A GANGSTER!!! Lol if I was him I'd be boarding a plane and go live over the pond somewhere because if someone wants you dead in America it's only a matter of time... Walking dead aint just on Sundays

Rocky

Who's paying for this, I hope it's not the city of New York

Socalpimp

And the taxpayers are supposed to pay for this?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments