Ricky Schroder

in Altercation

with Airport Worker

2/27/2013 12:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0225_rick_schroder_article_pcn
Former child actor Ricky Schroder -- famous for his role on the 80s sitcom "Silver Spoons" -- assaulted an LAX airport worker in the middle of a busy terminal this week ... all because she wouldn't let him board with 3 bags ... at least that's what the woman told police.

Law enforcement tells TMZ ... airport police were called to the scene early Monday morning following the alleged altercation.

The woman's story ... she was checking boarding passes when Ricky attempted to go through security with three bags ... when the limit is two.

The airport worker says Ricky then slapped her hand when she reached for his boarding pass.

When cops arrived, they interviewed both parties. No arrests were made and no report was taken.

Ricky's lawyer, Marty Singer, tells TMZ ... the woman was rude and confrontational when she told him he had too many bags.  Singer says the woman hit Ricky's hand and his phone went flying.  Ricky lunged to grab his phone and she screamed, "Assault!"

Singer says there are independent witnesses to corroborate Ricky's story and if Ricky did what she said he would have been arrested.

TMZ obtained video of the scene moments after the confrontation ... in which the worker tells her side of the story.

Googie

That woman was trying to cover her aarz with a fabricated story. She was making the story up as she was talking to the other airport employee & for the camera. She made sure all was caught by the camera, rolling her eyes & going through the motions.

static

It's racism.

Ronron

Well, there ya go!

royalredus

Things were so much simpler when he just rode that little train from room to room.

Vince

A gentleman shouldn't ever hit a lady...even if she is as big as a cow....its just not polite.

kitnplayn

You lying fatazz bitch. You put your hands on him when you grabbed for his ticket, according to your own words. If you want to see his ticket, you are supposed to ask him to see his ticket...you don't just grab at his ticket like you are some kind of a phucking boss of him. I would fire your fatazz in a heartbeat for using your job as a weapon to bully people.

shela

She HUNGRY!

Watch OUT Ricky! She almost ate your hand!

jenny

Gotta say I side with Ricky b/c I went through the SAME thing in LAX. I flew from NY to LA for a vacation. In NY I had my laptop casae and my carry on and my purse. when flying back the people were VERY nasty when telling me I needed to combune it all. SO there I was on the floor freaking out b//c I was gonna miss the plane and they were nasty b/c they KNEW THEY COULD BE b/c they have all the power. I suffer from panic attacks when flying and this made it horrible. SO I have seen 1st hand how NASTY they are in that airport.

fonzie

more importantly, was he wearing his magical underwear??

Truth

It's the same at ALL US Airports. Flying use to be a luxury but now it's a chore. Considering the cost of flying you would think that there would be a little more organization and manners in play. The Airports and the Airline staff have a terrible attitude toward passengers. They treat you like dirt.

Shaunie

I doubt anybody would try to muscle their way past her! She's so big that my small ass would bounce off of her!

lisa c

Not feeling this one. Since when does a TSA agent accuse someone of assault on air . Did all the people that passed by permit to being videoed as TSA agent gives mock deposition on camera. Seems too orchestrated. I find it very troubling that the agent says that it took her supervisor too long to get there. This places Rick at risk as well and it is right on the tape.

jdranetz

Last time I fly, some one with three bags took MY overhead area, before I had a chance to use it. He then went back to his own seat a few rows up and used up his space. I had a good might to take his bag out, and claim it was unattended. It would have held up the flight, but, it really would have screwed him over!

scarecrow

Kool-aid Drinker!!

Swins

Somehow I have a feeling that land whale was in the wrong.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments