Ricky Schroder

I'M REALLY SORRY

(But I Didn't Hit That Woman)

2/27/2013 3:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

022713_rick_shroeder_launch
Ricky Schroder says he never, ever EVER assaulted a female airport worker at LAX this week ... and tells TMZ the only thing he's guilty of doing ... is hurting her feelings.

The former "Silver Spoons" actor was getting ready to board a train at Union Station in D.C. moments ago when we asked about the allegations he roughed up a ticket checker while trying to get to his gate at LAX on Monday.

Schroder was adamant ... he didn't assault anyone and called the whole thing a "complete misunderstanding."

Still, Schroder seems to acknowledge there was contact between the two during a hurried and frantic exchange ... telling us, "My phone dropped and I went to grab it .. and that's what happened.'

The actor also directed a few words towards his accuser -- saying, "I apologize to you, Miss, if I hurt your feelings and I didn't mean to."

He added, "Sweetheart, god bless you ... and I didn't mean to hurt your feelings."

Truth

DUDE AGES LIKE SH*T!! GOIN ON 70... COCAINE IS HELLUVA DRUG. #TRUTH!!

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Off topic, but he did a good movie back in 2002 titled 'Poolhall Junkies' with Chris Walken, Chaz Palminteri, Rod Steiger, and a nice ensemble of character actors. Definitely worth the watch.

Nobrows

I don't think he did anything to that woman. She sounded like she was looking to be insulted. Typical of people who have perceived power. They always abuse it.

sophiastormy

He has not aged well as all

cheryl

since when does TSA call the shots on the number of bags allowed? People gate check things like strollers, guitars and items...it is the airline call - not the TSA as to how many bags.

me here

Tsa aren't human beings so they have no feelings nor intelligence

basically they are animals except that's insulting to animals

smileandshine

A gentlemen! Helps hold door for lady and apologies to the other with sweetheart for the misunderstanding it happens. A man with a big heart..

Mazor

He was all "Rick Schroder" trying to do the grown-up actor thing, now suddenly he's "Ricky" again?

Tesla_Consulting

Sweetheart????

Kiloshi

He's on drugs!

Blue Lake

"Sweetheart"? WTF? Is he drunk? I know he's a Republican but cripes that is lame. Also not taking responsibility for trying to break the rules by bringing in three bags when the limit is two... See you in court, creep! Team TSA.

BB not bb

I am not buying this version. I think he is creepy and was creepy even as a kid. I think that it is very condescending how he is calling her sweet heart and saying he is sorry that her hurt her feelings.

I don't think she has time to have her feelings hurt in that job. I think she was trying to stop him from sneaking an unchecked extra bag on the plane. She had her arm out to get his boarding pass and he knocked her arm out of the way.

Why would she or anyone be offended because he dropped his phone and picked it up? He was waiting to be asked about the inicident, and this is the lame story he came up with. He got away with what he did, which isn't that bad, but he is still trying to come out looking like Mr. Perfect.

She said he was looking very angry when he rushed past her. I think he was just trying to look intimidating so that she wouldn't try to stop him. She looks to tough to fall for that.

He seems like he needs to grow up or take responisibility for himself.

niles

More celebrity justice: this time taking advantage of one of the 'little people" who dare to tell them no. Then they run to their buddies in the media to deny it. Somehow, we expected more of little Ricky, but I guess we were wrong.

Cinner

Who cares. The real issue at hand: the harry potter glasses. Why?!?! There are much better frames out there suitable for his age.

Spicy mag