Ben Affleck

Smoother than Ever

2/28/2013 3:29 PM PST BY Johnny Lopez

0228-ben-affleck-akm-gsiBen Affleck's smooth mug surfaced Thursday ... the first time since shaving his career-defining beard Sunday night at an Oscars after-party.

With some scruff starting to grow back, the 40-year-old rocked a 5 o'clock shadow as he arrived for a TED conference in Long Beach on Thursday.

TMZ broke the story --- one of the first things Ben did after "Argo" won Best Picture was take a razor to his critically-acclaimed beard in the bathroom hallway at Craig's restaurant.

Now he really is as slick as everybody says.

0228_scruff_smooth_footer

She's baaaack

It took me a long time to like him after JLo metrosexualized him and made him her lap dog. I think he showed his balls when he called the wedding off two days before the wedding. He seems to be a decent family man. I can't fault him for that. He's also putting some gray into his hairpieces and I like that.

Wow ...

Such a handsome man. May he and Jennifer G. live happily ever after.

LISA

"Rockin the 5 o'clock shadow" ... "TMZ broke the story" ... "slick." LMAO! Classic Johnny Lopez (does someone have a crush on Ben?)

EarthAngel

Does he think he's posing for GQ???

LISA

All jokes aside, I must admit he looks better without the beard. I've always liked Ben, but now I really admire him - he has turned out to be one of the most respected people in the industry, and it's well deserved.

Bill Leslie

he's looking fat

Bianca

Jennifer Garner will never leave Ben Affleck despite his drinking, gambling, womanizing ways (Blake Lively, etc). From cheating on her first husband with Michael Varyan to getting knocked up by Affleck (the reason they married in the 1st place), Jen's married up. And Ben's Oscar speech about his marriage being work? Yeah, it is, but not something to bring up in front of the world...unless things are not as "perfect" as they seem.

drake

A sincere congratulations to him, but he's looking awfully smug these days and was even at the Oscars. Is it in part a response to all the Matt Damon jokes over the years? Either way, lighten up, dude.

I POOPED IN YOUR MOUTH

Yikes! I bet he has a nice dick!

DaveT

Haha pic totally reminds me of Beastie Boys on their Sabotage video, gotta find that one on the 'net somewhere...

Regina

Good work Ben!!! You deserve everything coming your way after being caught in the JLO whirlwind of disaster. You got passed Gigli. Now it's all uphill from there. Keep invested in your wife and family.

Beezy

LOL ....I thought he was trying to look a little more like Steven Speilberg after his Best Director wins.

Dillymac

Good guy who without having to try stays very humble and doesn't let mega stardom get to his head. Need more like him in Holluwood!

jason

Did he glued some pubes to his forehead? wth. He looks so stupid. I guess u dont have to be that smart to make it in hollywood. Just look at all the morons. lol amazing

Tammylee