Bonnie Franklin

Dead at 69

3/1/2013 10:09 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0301-bonnie-franklin-gettyBonnie Franklin -- who starred as Ann Romano on the classic TV show "One Day at a Time" -- died today due to complications from pancreatic cancer. She was 69.

Franklin had announced she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in September 2012.

Franklin had a long career, but was best known for playing the mother to Valerie Bertinelli and Mackenzie Phillips on "One Day at a Time" from 1975-1984.

She was married to playwright Ronald Sossi from 1967 to 1970 and to film producer Marvin Minoff from 1980 until his death in November 2009. She had no children.

0301_bonnie_franklin_footer

keepinitrealincali

Sad. I'm sure Mac and Valerie are devastated by her passing. :-(

soulofanangel

-------------------------------------------------------------------- REST IN PEACE

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Rest in peace is what we all say
Sad that another is gone this day,
Grab the moments one by one
When it's over it's over your day is done.
Copyright 2013 soulofanangel J.S.F.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

nickelpeed

This is so sad. My condolences to her family. I loved watching her. I am so glad we got to see her fantastic acting on the Young and Resless before her passing. It was great to see her. Will miss you, Bonnie.

tleeg

I used to love "One Day At A Time"

nickelpeed

I am sad to hear this. Condolences to her family. I loved watching her. Was so glad to see her on The Young and the Restless. She will be greatly missed.

Steve

I always liked that show. R.I.P.

brenda

I really like her. She was cute and perky and she tried to help McKenzie

CarolG.

God Rest Her Soul.

dale12

Just saw her a few months back on Y&R, so sorry to hear that she lost her battle to live. Godspeed, and rest in peace.

ron

rip bonnie god bless

Sharon M Rybak

Not so long ago, Bonnie played a nurse on The Young and The Restless, taking care of the missing Victor Newman. She was so kind!
RIP....God Bless You!!

dierdre

She seemed to be such a nice lady. So sad that she passed. My condolences to her family. May she R.I.P. It's a rarety in Hollywood to be so liked as she was.

Starbum

Very sad, she was a very good actress. Too bad they don't play reruns of One Day At A Time.

Cindy

I am so sorry to hear of Bonnie Frankilin's passing.
I loved watching One Day At a Time.
Valerie and MacKenzie must be very sad.

bluebonnets of texas

How sad ... I grew up watching her show. Rest in peae bonnie. Blessings to those she leaves behind.