Ben Affleck

I Didn't Kick the Paps ...

They Were Scaring My Kid!

3/2/2013 10:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0302-ben-affleck-x17Ben Affleck didn't kick anyone yesterday and was merely trying to get the paparazzi to back off ... because they were scaring his daughter ... this according to sources close to the Oscar winner.

Ben was holding 4-year-old Seraphina yesterday when they encountered a large mass of paps. According to our sources, the photogs got too close for comfort and little Seraphina started crying because she was afraid.

According to our sources, Ben asked the paps (none of whom work for TMZ) twice to back off and when that didn't work ... he said "You need to be this far away" and swung his leg to demonstrate.

Our source says Ben never had any intention of kicking anyone and he was merely trying to protect his daughter from the paps ... who he feels have been getting more and more aggressive.

He should have just said "Argo f**k yourself" ... but they probably haven't seen the movie.

Heyyou

I agree that he was just protecting his child! They should back off!!!

Toilethead

He should have kicked them. He's a good guy.

fresera

He's a better parent than me. I would have UNLEASHED at anyone scaring my child. He exhibited a lot of self-restraint. Being a celebrity doesn't mean you give up your children's rights to privacy. If you want to hound him, fine. Do so when he's not carrying his little girl around!!

chrysantheofleur

Kick those paps, Ben! Be Daddy Bear and bring a can of whoopass. It's not right to scare a little girl like that. It's shameful!

bagladey

None of the paps got too close while he was parading his kids around during his Oscar campaign?

DrLoveToe

"none of whom work for TMZ" - i like how tmz tries to paint themselves as angels

Marie

There should be a rule: "no pictures when celebs have kids in tow".

tenley

The Affleck kids wear bright clothes that kids pick out for themselves. Not like the Brangelina let's-all-wear-black-or-khaki kids (yeah, they picked those clothes out, right).

J

Did TMZ just make a dig on Argo's box office numbers. How low class TMZ. The same man that you harass, and dig is the same individual that makes this site money. Next time use mase Ben!!!

KSB24

I would have done the same thing. When kids are involved, it's a different ball game. They have zooms in cameras for a reason. Back the eff off

DetroitRocks

If they are within 20 feet of you it should be legal to punch them and break their cameras

Janet

Unconscionable to frighten a child. I can't believe the paps get away with what is stalking and harassing behavior and the celebrities are just supposed to act like nothing insane or dangerous is happening all around them. Just disgusting. Should be illegal to get close to or shout at celebs, but to do it to their innocent children is beyond the pale.

Boop

He should have kicked them. This is the kindest couple re: the paps. Let them raise their children!

paul a.

Alll this Obama loving man of the people bull**** he spews is just that.
Hes always behaved like an entitled *******. And now that he won an Oscar for that piece of fiction called Argo, he will be insufferable.......

Vince

If it was me and I was holding my daughter I would have kicked him in the balls as hard as I could. One can only hope more of those morons go and play in traffic........