Carly Rae Jepsen

Cancels Boy Scouts Concert

They're Too Homophobic for Me

3/5/2013 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0305_carly_rae_jepsen_boy_scouts_article_gettyCarly Rae Jepsen has officially pulled out of a HUGE concert for the Boy Scouts of America ...  claiming she wants no part of an organization that doesn't support gay rights.

The "Call Me Maybe" singer had been booked to perform at the National Scout Jamboree in Mount Hope, West Virginia in July, along with the band Train.

But moments ago, Jepsen tweeted that she's yanked herself from the festival ... squarely because of the group's ban on openly gay scouts and scout leaders.

"As an artist who believes in equality for all people, I will not be participating in the Boy Scouts of America Jamboree this summer," Jepsen said.

She continued, "I always have and will continue to support the LGBT community on a global level ... and stay informed on the ever changing landscape in the ongoing battle for gay rights in this country and across the globe."

FYI -- Train has also backed out of the show ... but says they will be happy to re-join the show IF the Boy Scouts reverse their anti-gay policy.

They're still waiting ...

0920_gay_pride_footer

bcarma

Well screw her! Little twit-ass! She can't see that the scouts are a good organization beyond the whole gay thing. Give me a freaking break! People are so hyperfocused on 'doing what is politically correct for gays'. What about all the 'good' that comes out of scouting. Nobody can see beyond the gay issues. I guess she is your typical hollywood icon- using this as a publicity stunt to say she is all for gay rights and is really all about her making more $$$! I'm so sick of it all. I think I will go eat at Chick Fil-A and tell her to go screw her little twit ass! She can screw whomever she wants- man, woman- whatever. People suck. Gay or straight. I'm sure the scouts can do way better than her sorry ass!

Tina

I agree with most people. She is a NO TALENT FRAUD. Who can't stick with singing. The best thing that can happen to us is that she will turn into a one hit wonder or worse turn into Justin Bieber. This is another "know it all" low ranking celeb who has a LOT to say on something she knows nothing about: 1) Not a boy, 2) Never attended the Boy Scout, 3) Never worked in the Boy Scout or never did any real work in her life, and 4) Doesn't know the real political issue within the Boy Scout therefore took it out on those kids by cancelling a concert in which they did nothing to deserve. Good going Laddy Gaga wannabe; let's see how long you will last like your idol!

choke

Would you all be so vocal against her and Train if they were standing up for a black person being denied or even a handicapped person, doubt it! Actually, after seeing all the ignorance, I would not be surprised at all, bigots!

BB

Get up on stage and have sex with another girl. Trust me, no Boy Scout will mind.

mcybersmith

I felt I had made a good comment, signed in, posted the comment and it never showed. Disappointment

MP

Total PR stunt. BOA has always been openly Anti Gay, Anti Atheisest and Anti anything else considered a sin by most churches. Why would she sign up for this concert knowing this? So she could do this big noble stand...that's why

John

Good for the Boy Scouts! People who are so adamant on shoving their liberal view points down the throats of people who want to bring wholesome values to youth are bringing this country down!

JACK RODGERS

TIRED OF GAYS GO TO IRAN GET UR ANUS CUTOUT

Ticked off

Lucky Boy Scouts!!!!

wench1109

Even though I agree with them,I think they could and should be charged with breach of contract.

How could they not have known the BSA stand on this?

They never should have committed themselves in the first place.

unweight

Well, a little controversy and the notice it gains can make up for a lack of talent.

jamez

knockitoff carly....go sing n stop taking a stand against
other peoples beliefs....you believe what you want
we believe what we want....its called FREEDOM.!!!

Kimberly

Gawd...I am getting so sick of these narcissistic celebrities who think their opinions are sooo important to the world. News flash - you people are here to entertain us and nothing more. I'm sick of celebrities trying to manipulate the public with their passive aggressive bull**** like this. I love the post here that said they are sure Carly Rae still wants the Boy Scouts to buy her music. So true, and I hope they boycott her from now on.

ald

Like she didnt know what the Boy Scout's policy was when she signed on to do it in the first place??!!!! lol Who cares, the Boy Scout can do better.

Brian Workman

Carly Rae Jepsen Who!?!?!?!?