« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

WWE Legend

Paul Bearer

Dead at 58

3/6/2013 8:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0306_paul_bearer_wee_death_dies_article
Paul Bearer -- the spooky WWE manager who helped introduce The Undertaker -- died Tuesday evening at the age of 58 ... this according to the WWE.

Bearer -- real name "Bill" Moody -- joined the WWE in 1990 ... playing the role of a creepy funeral director who managed various wrestling stars ... including Undertaker, Kane, Rick Rude, Vader and Mankind.

The details surrounding Bearer's death are unclear -- but he reportedly suffered from serious health problems over the past decade ... including morbid obesity and gallbladder issues.

R.I.P.

The WWE released a statement saying ... "WWE is saddened to learn of the passing of William Moody, aka Paul Bearer."

"Moody made his WWE debut in 1991 as the manager of The Undertaker and went on to become a memorable part of WWE over the course of the next 20 years. Our deepest condolences go out to Moody’s family, friends and fans."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

mrharrybawls2012

I once went to a wrestling match and saw some chowderhead called "The Honky Tonk Man" smash his guitar over some heathen's head and then stomp on his face some more with his boot. I was surprised he didn't then take out a guitar string and start strangling his opponent to death in the ring right there. What gives you the right Sir?! I was appalled as I turned to see my beloved 10 year old son Geoffrey with tears streaming down his rosy red-apple cheeks. And we call this entertainment?? What message are we sending young people when we say that smashing some cretin over the melon with a folded chair is how we should settle our disputes? BTW some call it boxing....I call it attempted manslaughter.
Blessings,
A Concerned Parent

Kelly Kelly

I'm just hurt right now. Words can't even. RIP Paul Bearer.

LadyN

RIP, Paul Bearer. Wrestlemania and Undertaker's match won't be the same without you!

Toilethead

Not a good day for 58 year old fat dudes.

Courtney

I really liked Paul Bauer, I always thought he was so funny. RIP Paul.

Pigweed

What do you expect you fat asses?

animal

I liked him so **** off if you don't!

chris

Disrespectful to those who mentioned rude comments of obesity, and its entertainment dont take it serious. R.i.p.mr.moody thanks for the memories

ivy4990

Him and the Undertaker terrorized me for half the 90s. I remember watching wrestling with my big brother and as soon as I heard the church bells I would run screaming from the room. Now here I am laughing about and missing those good times. RIP

zarahs

Aww sad, I loved watching wrestling in the 90s . He played a great character.

Throwback kid

This is not a dood day for people 58, the angel of death seems to be paying them a visit today, Chavez and Bearer. Is Kris Jenner 58?

DJCaliente

R.I.P Paul Bearer you are respected from many of us in the WWE Universe. God Bless and my prayers goes out to Moody's family and friends as well.

Wrestlingmark00