Valerie Harper

I Have 3 Months

To Live

3/6/2013 5:46 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0306_valerie_harper_ipad_article

Valerie Harper
has terminal brain cancer and doctors are giving her around 3 months to live.

Harper, who famously played the character Rhoda on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and the spin-off, "Rhoda," was diagnosed with leptomeningeal carcinomatosis, a rare form of cancer in which cancer cells spread into the membrane surrounding the brain.

Harper, 73, told People, "I don't think of dying.  I think of being here now."

0306_valerie_harper_footer

TheBestHeEverHad

She looks amazing at 73. At least she lived a full life, but the news is still sad.

James R. - Los Angeles

Eh. Whattayagonnado? People die every day.

Best Mom

What extraordinary faith, courage and strength Ms. Harper is showing. She is to be admired for all the great laughs she has given us as "Rhoda"!

Brian

You were always nice to me, Val. I'm sorry about this. But, the next chapter may be far more exciting. You made the world a better place.

soulofanangel

------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are all going to die we just want one more day
To experience life in it's own special way,
When we are called to the clouds in the sky
Our spirits will soar and that will not die.
------------------------------------------------------------------
copyright 2013 soulofanangel

Melissa B

This is so sad.

bright eyez

That really sucks. Im happy shes staying positive.

Hot Chocolate

God Bless Her- few in Hollywood would be thinking of others so selflessly at a time like this for her. That's beautiful.

Let's not for get Rhonda. Sh's still with us right now!

Fight for all of it Rhonda!

I hear you loud and clear.

Salvatore

This is a shame. I've always appreciated her as an actress, and she seems like a nice human being as well.

Gatanegra

This makes me sad. Wishing her and her loved ones peace.

rudynjudyjudy

doctors are not always right,I`ve seen brain cancer take up to 15 years to be deadly can it be slowed by gama knife or magnetic feilding or gene bombing? even antibotical injections or even EBS DBS.Iceing and radations and sedationals can make some live much longer and in less pain

rudynjudyjudy

doctors say all kinds of things and many doctors don`t agree on many cancers and treatments...don`t give up just because some doctor says too,but take the treatments you want sedation and antibodys will slow the progression and lessen the pain

vegas-mom-

Sad sad sad..... At least she still has a great outlook on things! I wish her all the best

Toallthehatersoftheworld

Wow. I hope she is saying her goodbyes and doing all the things she wants instead of stressing out.i wonder is it best to know? I wish her the best and may god watch over her

Mel

Honestly TMZ why would you post this? not cool leave her alone.