Valerie Harper

I Have 3 Months

To Live

3/6/2013 5:46 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0306_valerie_harper_ipad_article

Valerie Harper
has terminal brain cancer and doctors are giving her around 3 months to live.

Harper, who famously played the character Rhoda on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and the spin-off, "Rhoda," was diagnosed with leptomeningeal carcinomatosis, a rare form of cancer in which cancer cells spread into the membrane surrounding the brain.

Harper, 73, told People, "I don't think of dying.  I think of being here now."

0306_valerie_harper_footer

Cheryl A.

Valerie is a beautiful woman, inside and out. Prayers being sent to her.

smorbie

My prayers and best wishes go out to her at this time. I hope she finds peace in the Lord and will forward with joy to the new life beyond this one.

Cheryl A.

I am reading all these wonderful comments, 99 percent of them are beautiful and can't help but notice 1 douche bag has put a "Hate" on all of them. All I know is that KARMA (God) is wonderful.

Sandra

So very sad!!

ragu4u

Hey.....it aint over til it's over baby!

get real

I loved those two shows in the day. I think she is one of the real Talents on TV. Feel very bad for her.

busy bee

Go to CBN news. Com. A rich guy had been told by 3 doctors, you have 3 months to live. Get your affairs in order. He is still alive a couple of years later. Ketogenic diet. You can also be healed in Jesus name. Veronica

NOT ELMO

Eat as much as you can and enjoy as much as you can while you still can...

palermo

She always made me laugh, this is very sad news

Brenda

Grew up watching her on TV. Loved her on Mary Tyler Moore and her spin off show Rhoda and the many other showed that she was in. May God give her the strength and courage to fight this cancer. We love you Valerie (Rhoda)

chloelee29

God Bless you Valerie! May you have Peace and Joy and Happiness in your remaining days. How very truly sad :( you will be missed.

bbb1bbb2

It so sad to hear about Ms. Harper and She will be in My Thoughts, Prayers , May God Bless You Ms. Harper as You Blessed Us by bring Rohoda to Life on The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Rhoda too . Again Thank-You and God Bless You Ms. Harper .

gel1023

Never believe what doctors say..those are always based on statistics.God has the last word. MY mom has brain cancer :(. But a organic diet and budwig protocols are shrinking her tumors ..no kimo

kitnplayn

YOU ARE LOVED. YOU ARE RESPECTED. YOU ARE A MENTOR TO YOUR GENDER. A BEAUTIFUL, FUN, INTELLIGENT ROLE MODEL. LOVE IS ALL AROUND THE WORLD FOR YOU. BE PROUD.

greengrabber

Dear Valerie, if the end has come, remember not to fight it. Rest, take meds and think about the joy you have known. Out here, many of us have laughed
at your delivery of a humorous line or the look you gave to the camera. You were pretty, very talented.
I say goodbye now, meet you in the next life.
Jill