Valerie Harper

I Have 3 Months

To Live

3/6/2013 5:46 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0306_valerie_harper_ipad_article

Valerie Harper
has terminal brain cancer and doctors are giving her around 3 months to live.

Harper, who famously played the character Rhoda on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and the spin-off, "Rhoda," was diagnosed with leptomeningeal carcinomatosis, a rare form of cancer in which cancer cells spread into the membrane surrounding the brain.

Harper, 73, told People, "I don't think of dying.  I think of being here now."

0306_valerie_harper_footer

verlinda

My prayers are with you Valarie

Mrugowsky

That's too bad. She has a surprisingly good attitude about the news and I wish her good luck.

mr.howell

Horrible news!,first Bonnie Franklin,now another TV legend!, I hope she lives it up as long as she can,she was great on the MTM show as Rhoda and the spin off show.. just never know how long you have.

Blue Lake

What a shame. She has always been one of the best and funniest actresses on TV and stage. I've seen everything she's done and loved it all. Thank you, Valerie. You're a class act.

Barbara Conway

I am so sorry. I will pray for a peaceful painless departure

mel

THATS GREAT !!! its least People with MONEY get told How long they have Live. try find out U have cancer July 3rd and YOU dies the 25th of July.

Pattie Camper

We are hoping that this problem will vanish and leave you with us for many years.

I loved you in all the shows that you appeared.....you were and are great.

Thanks for making me laugh.

LAPartyMcSage

Is she a toxic deadly diet soda drinker? Follow the link for more info. It may save your life.

Rene Hamm

Valerie,

I am praying for you that your journey will go well
and that God will be with you all the way.
Always, keep your eyes on him and he will direct
your path.

You have made everyone laugh....including me.

Rene

4reallikecomon

You guys didnt show love like this for Whitney Houston,or Michael Jackson....Ive never seen such kindness from you people...

doesnt matter.

Sad to hear. Grew up watching you. I pray for a painless transformation into your next life! U were a type of roseanne that was cool and level headed. I 'll miss u and God bless!

Angela

Cancer is a horrible disease which can come from many things such as the environment, skin care products which if not natural or organic can come with many chemicals and other things we might not be aware of. I am glad that you beat lung Cancer and you can beat this as well. I would recommend you go to Oral Robert Ministries and get a prayer cloth that says Cancer and Incurable Diseases, God told Richard Roberts last year to make these prayer clothes because he knew Cancer would be growing rapidly in the world and many people have called with their testimonies of being healed, their is no power in the cloth itself except you must belief by faith you are healed through Jesus Name, you already know God is a healer so, please do this by faith, may God continue to bless you, your husband and your family. Love Angela." PLEASE MAKE SURE VALERIE HARPER READS THIS"!!! THANK YOU!!!

4reallikecomon

I think she should've kept this private

Tara

Sad news.

dee

So sorry to hear that. She's very brave!