« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LeBron James

My Big, Fat ...

YOM KIPPUR Wedding!

3/7/2013 6:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0301-tmz-lebron-james-savannah-brinson
LeBron James has finally selected a WEDDING DATE ... which is great news ... for everyone except LeBron's Jewish friends ... 'cause it's all going down on Yom Kippur ... TMZ has learned.

We've obtained a copy of King James' "Save The Date" ... which instructs his friends to block out Friday Sept. 13 through Sunday Sept. 15 for the NBA star's destination wedding to fiancee Savannah Brinson in exotic San Diego, CA.

The "Save the Date" even came with a fun caricature of Bron, Savannah and their 2 children ... each dressed in their finest wedding outfits. Cute.

But here's the problem ... Sept. 13 is the beginning of Yom Kippur -- a high holy day in the Jewish religion in which Hebrews and Shebrews are supposed to fast for roughly 24 hours while praying their faces off in temple.

And for the record, James DOES have Jewish friends ... including the famous Rabbi Yishayahu Yosef Pinto (pictured below) ... a man known around New York as the "Rabbi to the Business Stars."

0306_lebron_and_rabbi_sub

The good news ... LeBron will probably save a bunch of cash on the buffet.
The bad news ... he won't be able to brag about the savings to the people who would appreciate it.

Mazel Tov!!!

0307_lebron_ballin_footer_v2

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ketjo

Really TMZ .....!!! I know I plan ALL my important dates around Jewish Holidays !!!! NOT !!

Nor does most of the rest of the people in the world....

TMZ your Jew jokes and pushing of Jewish is getting out of hand ...any other site, person, or thing who did this would be Heading your Site for being the biggest Racist or Bigots in the world ...You call out others for just saying a "word " or mentioning their own religion but here you are shoving yours down peoples throats every day.......
Enough ! I don't care if your staff is mostly GAY or mostly Jewish.....I really don't I just dislike having it shoved in my face everyday ...
Believe it or not .....ITS NOT FUNNY !
IT'S NOT CUTE OR TRENDY.......!

Lauara

I think this is the most hilarious story i've read on TMZ for some time.

jus do it

SLAM DUCK CONTEST LEBRON ARE GRIFFIN FROM THE CLIPPERS???

trini_angel

Its about time Le Bron. Congrats to u and Savannah

DD

They aren't Jewish! They will have their real friends and relatives. That's what counts.

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Her name is Savannah Brinson and she's not Jewish?

CoconutScrimp

So, it's LeBron's wedding not he's friends wedding, and he ain't Jewish.

Whatever

Wh

Jessie

The San Diego location may be a ruse to divert attention. The caricature has the Puerto Rican flag in it so maybe that's a subtle hint.

jds

." he won't be able to brag about the savings to the people who would appreciate it."

---cuz Jews are cheap, right TMZ? is that what that last sentence meant?

chaozz

exotic San Diego Really who wrights this crap..I live in SD as wonderful as it is.Its not exotic.

Carmen

He's not Jewish TMZ! I'm sure he's not aware of any Jewish holiday.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

LeBron not feelin the holdin hands with another dude in front of his fellow black crowd.

Mitch

Save the date... Help us celebrate with our two illegitimate bastard children. It'll be cool, Y'all.

bart

If invited I will have to fast

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments