Justin Bieber

Cancels

Concert in Portugal

3/10/2013 3:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0306_bieber_getty_articleJustin Bieber is canceling one of his two scheduled shows this week in Portugal "due to unforeseen circumstances" ... this according to the website for the venue.

Bieber is scheduled to play the Pavilhao Atlantico in Lisbon on March 11 and March 12, but the site now says the second show is canceled.

A statement posted on the site (and translated thanks to the good folks at Google) reads, "Due to unforeseen circumstances, Justin Bieber was forced to cancel the second performance in Portugal, March 12."

It continues, "The Canadian singer is eager to play for the Portuguese fans on March 11. Holders of tickets valid for March 12 should contact the respective place of purchase to receive a refund within 30 days of the date of the scheduled concert, which ends April 11."

It's unclear what the unforeseen circumstances are, but he was hospitalized last week after collapsing backstage (though that wouldn't explain why he's canceling the SECOND show).

He also tweeted earlier today simply, "#sundayfunday."

0311_biebermania

RobinD323

Who will be the next Lohan? Justin Bieber just threw his hat in the ring.

Jim

Perhaps POOR TICKET SALES!!!

Socalpimp

Your 15 minutes are coming to a close

Barb

I get my period and I don't make such a big deal out of it...what a dork!

Andrew0203

Suffering of exhaustion or dehydration a la Lohan.

Kay Kaybear

"due to unforeseen cir***stances" = he got his period

tdr9

We need more news

mroldschool

Hes a turd that shouldve been flushed long ago.

Becca

He and Twist are probably trying for a baby that night.

Kay Kaybear

Portugal just lucked out.

tellmeaboutit

Poor Beebles. He broke out in a severe case of punk.

lili

ahh, perhaps his parents will wake up and smell the coffee. Saw his father being interviewed: Serious Denial. Wake up before your kid dies.

Made it Past 27

Justin is the most unbelievably dependable performer I have ever heard of! I have total respect for him for that! He can be throwing up, passing out, getting oxygen, fainting, seeing paramedics backstage, wearing gas masks, even being hospitalized, but he keeps on going, never cancelling a gig, and never wanting to dissapoint his fans. This is the FIRST time I have ever seen him cancel a show. Say what you will, this guy is dedicated and dependable, and I commend him for that. But I commend him more for cancelling because you have to take care of yourself and put your health first! I admit I do not know any of his songs, because I listen to older stuff, but I have mad respect for how he keeps on going and going. But he needs a break, or he is gonna crash! Give the guy a 6 month vacation or he is gonna have a nervous breakdown or just collapse. We dont want another chris brown or britney spears meltdown.

LeidyEdie

Gay

Toilethead

Looks like we get to watch another meltdown.