Justin Bieber

Cancels Concert

Because of Empty Seats

3/11/2013 6:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0308_justin_bieber_arena_01
Justin Bieber cancelled his Portugal concert Tuesday -- not because he's sick, not because he's melting down -- because ticket sales were "soft" and it felt like the right thing to do. Just tell that to the fans who are getting stood up.

Sources connected to Justin have confirmed ... it was a "business decision" that triggered the cancellation. Our sources say ticket sales were still "good ... more than 60%" ... just not good enough.

It's pretty common for lesser artists to bail when sales are bad, but unusual for singers on Justin's level.

phil

I sure hope he invested and saved lots!! The news of Beiber in recent weeks suggests he is heading downhill, ie no longer relevant..and as he gets older, his fan base- teenaged girls will move on to more aspiring men, who look and act like men!! Selena Gomez made the right decision parting ways. Even Beibers mom seem to be focussing on her own gigs now...so let beiber go, his friends are busy driving (and crashing) his fleet of cars- if you ask me, he got too much, too soon.

David Sauers

Earlier I wrote, "Justin...who?" But to be truthful I hope his handlers and the people he's surrounded himself with are honest enough to tell him to be ready; fame comes and goes... so he like the countless of others before him; doesn't crash and burn.

sportjnkee

Finally!!! The beginning of the end of this punk!!!

Mr. Grimm

See Justin it is factual that sooner or later that 13 year old girl will grow up and stop listening. Just like when I was a 13 year old boy I supported ICP but as I got older I came to my senses and realized this is not music. Hahaha you are finished buddy enjoy the money you made now because nobody is going to take you seriously as an artist. Not a very smart move to cancel a show when you are losing more and more fans every day. I am glad though because just like Axel Rose everybody will start to despise you.

nip

He's finished poor kid I don't feel bad he's probably on drug

RB

FYI the concert was sold out. Logistically to break down a staging set and to transport it 390 miles, and stage it for the next day is border line. I can only speculate that the Bieb's party did not want the same repercussion as the London March 4th concert. Also for public safety there are certifications by the local authorizes that must be approved before the show. If you remember; one of his venues caught on fire because of fireworks.

DogsRule

That's Cause He's An A--!!

DeeMaree

Tmz are you copying off me and others. We said at the first thread. And I think you knew this then but wanted speculation to swirl.

Charles

Personally, I'm not a Beiber fan. But I think one of the things that made him stand out and become so poular is that originally, he didn't hang out with ghetto losers. Ever since he's been letting these ghetto moochers into his life, Beiber's fanbase is starting to fade. If he's smart and wants to continue to be successful, he'll cut theses losers off quick.

Kelli

Do your thang JB!!!

Kar

TMZ report the facts!!! He sold out the first show and scheduled a 2nd - the way you word this you make it sound like he didnt perform at all!
Lesser artists??? Thats pathetic...just like you want to show him losing his **** but you failed to tell the public what the paps were yelling...FACTS TMZ...facts!

WizeChicklet

Justin, even if only one person showed up to see you, that's one person supporting your craft, and one person now very disappointed. You could have made your fans' day, but you chose to ignore them in favour of money.
Shame on you.

remojones88

Kar u taken it hard huh lol

CreamyPB

UGH...cancelling a show because it wasn't sold out??? Did his inflated ego take a hit and his feelings were hurt? Gimme a break! I guess after being rightly booed the other night when he was 2 hours late took its toll on this punk-ass and made him crawl away like the little bitch that he is.

sarah

go sing on a subway and ask people for change. piece of ****.