Valerie Harper

Cancer Can't Kill Happiness

3/11/2013 11:36 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0311_valerie_harper_fun_photos_launchValerie Harper was in a great mood over the weekend, looking great and laughing it up as she talked to Savannah Guthrie about her terminal illness.

Harper was on "Today" ... discussing her brain cancer prognosis and the prospect that she may only have 3 months to live.  A very wise Harper said, "If you die, you're not a failure.  You're just somebody who had cancer, and that's the outcome."

Harper also said she keeps her mind open to miracles.

Headache

The mind is always the clearest before the guillotine drops.

She's baaaack

She is still alive today and she's living it. She's gathering peple and prayers, wishes, or whatever you want to call it, to help her along the way. Thousands of people died unexpectedly today, and she gets one more day and she is celebrating it. Good for her.

Kelly

I am 35 years old and thought I didn't need heroes anymore.

She proved me wrong.

This woman is my hero.

mcf1040

God bless her. She's teaching us how to die with dignity.

pia

She is going through alot, yet she does still see the good in her life to find time to smile and appreciate some of those things is wonderful.

rudynjudyjudy

I don`t think it`s three months as she can still do all the things people do more like about a year and a half

rudynjudyjudy

OR more with antibodys and some degree of sedations

rudynjudyjudy

I`ve been brain dead all mt life that didn`t stop me

IceGypsy

A reminder that you really need to make every day count...wish her the best

rudynjudyjudy

but for real muti bullets lodged a arrow tip broken off in the left mid lobe muti skulls damages.muti comas EBS DBS infections infections and lifetime of infections and drainage.I haven`t have surgery or been opened up in over 44 years now.Running helps drainages heat ice and SUN light help as does getting plenty of sleep.I`ve seen brain cancers take over 15 years maybe hollywood is hyping this story more than a bit.Like george burns who was dieing for like 50 years or more in the press

rudynjudyjudy

When I waS SHOT in the brain once I had a arrow lodged and my step dad pulled most of it out and than I had a open wound and brain matter comeing out of it my step mother told me to cut it off and I tryed pushing it back in.That was only one time my head was busted open so many times and I was just a kid I didn`t know how my body worked so I just went on.She should get out of the press and do what she needs to do in however much time she has,dieing for a living isn`t a honest or good thing to do.Now everyone has to cam everything I`ll never go that route as it sucks

Synclaire

This makes me happy.

rudynjudyjudy

everyone is dieing thier whole life time she`s had a full life.The doctor? hollywood! could be way offt

Straight Talkin Texan

I've always liked Valerie Harper, but the reality is that we all die. Therefore, failure is an illogical metaphor for death.

SimplyHappy

What a beautiful lady, both inside and out! This is one of those times, that I too hope for a miracle. Keep that strength, that attitude and that smile Valerie Harper, you have a world of fans wishing you well.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments