« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dennis Rodman

I'm Goin' To Meet

The New Pope

3/12/2013 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0311_dennis_rodman_vatican_compositeDennis Rodman -- fresh from his basketball summit in North Korea -- is now setting his sights on fixing those pesky problems plaguing the Catholic Church ... because he's jetting to Rome today in hopes of meeting the new Pope.

Rodman tells TMZ ... his "people" in Rome have been in touch with the muckety mucks at the Vatican and they're trying to arrange a sit-down with the next person to don the big funny hat.

Rodman -- who wants to be there when the white smoke fills the air -- is gambling just a bit, because the Cardinals are voting today and Rodman won't land until late tonight.  But our top Catholic source -- Shevonne -- tells us ... it's unlikely anyone will get the nod on the first vote.

As for what Dennis wants to accomplish ... he tells TMZ, "I want to be anywhere in the world that I'm needed ... I want to spread a message of peace and love throughout the world."

Rodman cites his March North Korean excursion -- where he met with leader Kim Jong Un -- as proof he's the right man to hash out a peace plan ... claiming he broke barriers in the DPRK nobody else could.

So we gotta ask ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

andy

This reminds me of that one time, . . . IN BAND CAMP ! ! !
THE FUN NEVER ENDS!!!!!!!!!

laffnbear

No one is so full of himself as this lunkhead,
As if the Church does not have enough problems to deal with.

Fezfez

Omg! Wendy Williams needs to shut up and put her wig back on... Korea, now this?

Lola

It looks like Rodman singlehandedly destroyed the North Korea peace treaty of 1953, which ended the Korean War. All was okay until he visited N.K. So, beware Rome. It wasn't built in a day, but could be reduced to rubble by Rodman.

verlinda

TMZ is acting more and more like The National Enquire.....

anony

I guess Dennis and his people really think world leaders need rebounding tips, because that's all he has for them.

chrysantheofleur

To whatever idiots are playing Jumanji - STOP IT ALREADY!!

Sharon

Dennis go sit "has been" clown ass down. Damn I thought the media eas done with you.

DudeLebowski

Catholics don't need or want this loser to do anything on our behalf. Besides, I guarantee you that the new Pope will not agree to meet with him. He should stick to visiting Communist countries. Try China or Cuba next, Dennis. Then visit beautiful scenic Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, and a few more Middle East countries after that. What a worthless POS....

Steve

tetet

BB not bb

Let's look at the history of the Vatican here. Italy was being cool to Christians under Julius Ceasar. Then senators consipired against him and then they were overrun by the German Barbarians led by Constantine, who conquered under the sign of the cross and called it Christianity. This then morphed into a union of the barbarinians and the rich criminal Italian gangsters who wanted to rule the country, aka the Catholic church.

They combined all sorts of pagan religons under the cross so that people would be willing to follow them. People will comprimise before giving in. The Italian pagans were into orgies and there were mystery religons involving oracles who were females that had sex with people who wanted a prophecy.

I think the decadent world is uniting in its decadence and who would be a better poster boy for all this than Dennis Rodman, the embassador of licentiousness?

I have a feeling the Catholic church with its alien ambassador is going to be talking to a real alien soon. News is just getting weirder and weirder.

Bravo600

If he didn’t inadvertently reflect on badly on America, I would find this amusing. I cannot believe even he seriously thinks he will get within a mile of the new pope. I assume this is just a misguided publicity stunt. How about he saves all the airfare money and pay his child support or donate it to charity? Must be a beotch getting through airport security with all those piercings.

bart

tatoo pope

ray

option #3,,,just stupid.

FlamingoNut

For the love of God, please stop talking about him. I'd rather look at a Kardashian than this tool.
I can't believe I just said that...