Katy Perry

I Can't Unload

This Damn House!

3/13/2013 4:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0313_katy_perry_house_for_sale_launch
The housing market may be bouncing back for a lot of people, but not Katy Perry, because we've learned she's about to list her Hollywood Hills house for WAY less than the purchase price.

Katy bought the house with Russell Brand when they were married. She has full title and has been quietly trying to sell it for a long time, but she's not getting anywhere near the $8 million she wants.

Katy wanted to avoid putting the house in the multiple listing service -- which is the Paul Revere of the real estate world. She wanted to sell the house on the down-low, but it's just not happening.

We've learned she's agreed to put the house in the MLS in 2 weeks, and she'll reduce the asking price to the mid 7s -- as in millions. But here's the deal ... Our real estate sources say she'll definitely sell it if someone offers in the high 6s.

The real estate market ... hot again for most -- cold for Katy.

Claxton

That house is hideous.

rsmik

she can donate it to me

ChitownCletus

I think thats just the pool house in the picyure.

Mike

I hear that house is in a very exclusive part of Hollywood right near the most popular parts of Sunset Strip like Chateau Marmont and lots of music clubs, etc.

I'd be surprised if someone didn't offer Katy a good price for her house. I bet she had it renovated a little. Heck, I bet some rich family might want to buy just so they could tell their friends that they are living in megastar Katy Perry's old mansion.

This was the house that Katy and Russell Brand were living in for maybe half a year. I guess that house just had too many bad memories for her. Oh well. If she's going to stick with John Mayer for awhile I bet they'll want to pick out a house together. I would suggest that Katy and John RENT a mansion instead of buy.

Never know what might happen with her relationship with John. Hollywood relationships tend to be short she now knows because of Russell. John Mayer is a notorius "love em and leave em" guy so Katy should be cautious.

(◉_◉) Brush Your Teeth (◉_◉)

Pool Needs Chlorine.

Misfitttt

nice house!

LAPartyMcSage

There are more sellers than buyers because wise celebs are moving out of LA to prepare for the Solar Maximum and what might happen with the economy.

jules

Wheres Jeff Lewis, the inside needs a redo bad....

vanity

one would hope that this serves as a serious reality check....clearly this was out of her price range because nobody in their right mind would take that kind of a loss....if her money was that long she would have paid for it in cash and once you own something outright who cares how the market fluctuates......i'm going to guess that she's still got a mortgage up her ass and she's ready to pull it out lol

jules

On second thought, it may take more than Jeff Lewis to redesign this home. At the moment, its cold, old and ugly with a capital U. One of the rooms looks like it should have the ghost of Betty Davis lives there..It needs a personality...No wonder she cant unload it. Although Im sure at one time it was a lovely home...I would love to live there my self..

Mumra the Ever Living

Wow, the insides are desperately gloomy. No way she gets what she asks for.

Shana

The house is just plain FUGLY. Looks like the dungeon in an old, cold castle.

Cincinnati Sugar

OT: Paris Jackson tweeted "I'd actually love to...Philadephia Eagles are my favorite football team"......ok who exactly does she think she is fooling??? She LIKELY never even heard of them before they put out their "call for money and attention". @Paris, SPARE US! I bet she would have said that to whatever team wanted her.

Cincinnati Sugar

Opps, didnt mean for it to post twice sorry

SheisHot

She has let some nasty men drop loads in her.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments