Old Pope vs. New Pope

Who'd You Rather?

3/13/2013 12:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0313_pope_benedict_pope_francis
IT'S A POPE-OFF! Weeks after ex-Pope Benedict XVI (left) called it quits on the Papacy ... a brand spankin' new Pope Francis (right) has been elected.

Funny hats aside ... the question is ...

LMT

Harvey.....why don't you try to teach your writers a bit of class. Leading by example, I see. You people over there often cross the line, but this is over the top disgusting. A new low!

LMT

Harvey....why don't you go **** Hitlers dead corpse.

w

THis is it TMZ you have gone too far...you disrespectful liberal garbage, I will not come back to this site after this...how dare you disrespect the Popes, Benedict left because he decided it would be BEST to step down because of his health, he realized he couldn't do his job because of this so he left...he did not just up and quit...and Pope Francis has done so much for the poor, he may be against gays but he has offered to Cleanse people with aids, he has given up limos, he took the bus and lived poor...how dare you TMZ...you liberals are the true evil in this world.

w

out of all the websites, how come Anonymous doesn't destroy yours over this horrible article..I hope they do.

Jay

Luv the poll.

Bunch of ******* on here.

whah whah whahhhhhh.

Bloomcounty.USA

They should seriously have another category ... "Nun of thee above," and yes that is punny and peculiar with an intentional "thee" as opposed to "thou."

Cynic

just another sicko pushing his delusions on others

LindaJay

Inappropriate.

Stupid Harvey

I feel bad for you TMZ..

project P

Neither I'm not an unwilling 8 yr old boy.

Lorraine

I can't stand this "who'd you rather" ****. It's just so rude. But today's poll is just beyond, beyond, beyond in bad taste. :(

StPeteRickster

OMG, Harvey, you know what this makes you??

You are now the 'Larry Flynt' of celebrity gossip and news!

Seriously, am a recovering Catholic, Mom is Jewish so am used to coexisting and IMHO this article is a wee bit over that line.

Back to the 'Hustler' analogy, you are showing 'pink' here, and if it's what you want to do, then fine, but I'm pretty far left and have little love for The Catholics and even I feel this is in VERY BAD taste.

Of course, so was my first comment I made on it, as well. You handed the poison apple to me and I bit it.

Thanks a lot Harvey...

8-(

U.S. Anti-Drug Think Tank

Pope Francis I elected today 3/13/13! "Bull!" Anybody else hear the Holy Ghost holler that? Chosen so fast, it screams politics by Cardinals, afraid of the media. All the way, from way down South in southern South America. Argentina! Sounds like the direction to go, to take attention away from priest abuse, into closure and on to moving fwd. Alleluia Jesus! How much work can a 76-year old Pontiff do? How much energy and drive will he have to do it? Known for his humility = sounds like lazy, elite, escape and selfish. Weak Pope Benedict was fiddling in Rome, in the writing zone, ever since years ago, when he was JPII's #1 man to fight priest abuse. Recall what the Holy Ghost did to JPI in 1978? He was Pope 33 days. The Holy Ghost don't play.

Shaunie

I'm not Catholic and TAKE THIS **** DOWN! This is completely disrespectful.

sunnyroberto

This is a new low for internet polls, and that's saying a lot. TMZ's hatred of all things Christian is getting old. There are a lot of other sites on the internet with pictures of hot chicks and celebrity gossip that aren't so obsessed with basing anyone who is not in favor of gay marriage and abortion.