Old Pope vs. New Pope

Who'd You Rather?

3/13/2013 12:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0313_pope_benedict_pope_francis
IT'S A POPE-OFF! Weeks after ex-Pope Benedict XVI (left) called it quits on the Papacy ... a brand spankin' new Pope Francis (right) has been elected.

Funny hats aside ... the question is ...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Suri-King

i would rather have none.

Kanye East

I guess he's not so bad but I'd rather do him - http://adm.as/37V

Jimmy s

Last time I visit the site or watch the show!

linda

HARVEY......get it together -- this used to be a great site. So tasteless.

bitch please

Why would anyone want to do either one of those two senile old men?
All the catholics on here getting offended are idiots too. The church is a complete farce.

Danielle

As a Catholic, I am disgusted that someone would even do a poll like this. This is very disrespectful and tactless. TMZ, you should stick to your TEN MILE ZONE and keep your stories to just celebrities

arale norimaki

Pope Francis was born to - Italian parents who are immigrants to Argentinian. No different then one has to be born in American to be an American citizen. But His heritage lineage is Italian -Argentinian- who resides in Latin America

VICKI

HE APPEARS TO BE VERY HUMBLE. I HOPE THIS IS TRUE. WHY CAN'T THEY ELECT SOMEONE YOUNGER WHO CAN GIVE MORE TIME WITHOUT DYING OR RETIRING LIKE BENEDICT BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO OLD AND PHYSICALLY UNABLE TO CONTUE ON.
THE ITALIANS WANT COMPLETE CONTROL OFVE THE FINANCIAL PART, AS THEY AHVE FOR CENTURIES. A MUCH YOUNGER, NON-ITALIAN POPE WOULD/COULD TAKE SOME OF THAT CONTROL AWAY FROM THEM AND HOPEFULLY CLEAN UP THE MESS OVER THERE. THEY ARE TOO POLITICALLY DOMINANT, THE ITALIANS.

jokerchick

either way, they both HATE YOU HARVEY

whocares

IS this a joke??? Aren't they all gay??? Hahahahh...

Jenna

Pope John Paul II was such a wonderful human that any pope who has to follow HIM won't truly impress many people. This was the Polish pope who was almost assassinated by Mehmet Ali Ağca, who claimed that Pope John Paul II was the incarnation of all that is capitalist. He truly forgave this turkish murderer. He was the Pope who traveled the world, a 1st for popes, who had always stayed in the Vatican. Pope John Paul II would actually kiss the ground every single time his plane landed in respect of the country he landed in, not as thanks for a safe flight! It may take centuries to get another Pope on the level as Pope John Paul II. I believe there is a process undertaken to proclaim him as a Saint, although I understand it takes a very long period of time to do so. To have an actual Saint from the current time period will be beyond words for me. Saints always seemed to be people who lived centuries ago who didn't have much in common with me and my life. I believe I was blessed to have lived in a time when an actual Saint was alive! 12+ years of Catholic school and a lifetime of Church but it has been Pope John Paul II who brought me BACK to the Catholicism in which I was raised. I see some people claiming Hugo Chavez (may his soul burn even hotter in hell as I type this) had a hand in the new Pope being elected. WHAT A CROCK, HUH? As IF chavez was anywhere but HELL.

Stoner Review

Old pope is creepy and his palms are stained with the blood of jewish murder and child feces.

Venus