M.I.A.

Can't Go AWOL With Son,

Ex Gets Restraining Order

3/14/2013 5:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0313_mia_benjamin

M.I.A.
better love Brooklyn ... 'cause the rapper's been banned from leaving the borough with her son ... courtesy of a court order obtained by her filthy rich baby daddy, Benjamin Bronfman.

M.I.A. was reportedly threatening to take her 4-year-old boy Ikhyd to England, her home country ... until Benjamin -- son of Seagram's billionaire Edgar Bronfman Jr. -- was granted a temporary restraining order in a King's County (aka Brooklyn) court earlier this week.

Bronfman and M.I.A. were never married, but split up last year. They both live in Brooklyn, separately, and little Ikhyd goes to school there.

The NY Post first reported the TRO ... which is latest battle in what appears to be an ongoing custody war between M.I.A. and Bronfman.

The rapper has tweeted in the past accusing Bronfman's family of trying “to take my child away from me.”

kimo

Guess money doesn't buy you looks or happiness!

burning_plastic

She's stupid and I don't believe anything she says, but what stood out was "trying to take my child away from me." Me me me me me. It's not "her" child, it's their child, and you KNOW she thinks it's their child when it's time to get money. She's a stupid attention-seeking phony.

whocares

Thats why #1 You don't get pregnant by someone whos just a boyfriend. #2 Esp a rich one #3 its not just your child #3.Money talks....#4 Don't try to take kids away from their parents in the counrty you had them in. It doesn't usually pay off. Esp again if the other party is filthy rich...

Sincerity

No surprises here!!! M.I.A will do almost "ANYTHING" FOR ATTENTION!!! Benjamin Bronfman gave her enough rope and she "FOOLISHLY" HUNG HERSELF!!! They aren't living together and as long as he was providing for their child, M.I.A should have made a "CONCERTED EFFORT" to get along with her son's father. When you become a parent, "COMPROMISE AND COOPERATION" are "INVALUABLE"!!! MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY SCENARIOS ONLY PUT PEOPLE ON THE DEFENSIVE. Ikhyd's grandparents are very wealthy and ultimately they're picking up the tab for his care. MAKING NICE WOULD BE IN M.I.A'S BEST INTERESTS!!!

Sam

The child should be removed from BOTH the parents' custody. Who name their child IKHYD??

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2