'Veronica Mars' Star

Count Me In

For Record-Breaking Movie

3/14/2013 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0314-kristen-bell-veronica-mars
The "Veronica Mars" cast is returning in full force for the movie ... TMZ has learned, Kristen Bell's co-star Percy Daggs III is 100% down for the reboot.

In case you didn't know, VMars fans broke film fundraising records yesterday ... generating more than $2 MILLION in just one day via Kickstarter to help resurrect the TV show as a movie. The project had existed in script form but failed to get the backing it needed ... until now.

Bell has already announced she's on board for the movie ... but now, her co-star Percy Daggs -- who played Wallace Fennel on the show -- tells TMZ, he's in too.

Daggs tells us, "Since I woke up yesterday it's been amazing to watch the VMars fans respond to this campaign and the opportunity to make this film."

He adds, "With [creator Rob Thomas] & Kristen's commitment to them and the series, I want to say I'm not surprised. But $2.7 million day one had to shock everybody a bit! ... I'd be honored to be a part of continuing this story for them onscreen."

IT'S REALLY HAPPENING!!!

0314_MARS_footer

Melissa1987

I loved this show! It was so underrated

emma

This show was amazing. I'm so incredibly happy to finally see it get the recognition it deserves! Looking forward to the movie!

IwuvTMZ

Just throwing your money away.

shelley

I do not like if this trend kicks off. We'll donate to get movies going and then have to pay to watch the damn thing while productions companies and theatres still get the profits! So we pay to make it, we pay to watch it, they get all the $ .. why does everyone think this is so brilliant?

John

are u kidding me, fans putting up all $$$$$$ to make the movie, so the movie moguls make all the profit. Dumb-ass suckers

jeremy

now if we could use that same kind of energy to donate to starving kids ..... pretty ridiculous ..... will these donators be producers of the film as well and gain profit from returns ... if so that is worth looking into.

stu

LOSERS! Bet these idiots gave a dime to a WORTHY cause.
Whose next The Happy Days Viewers?

go home!

I know his character Sheriff Lamb was killed off the series, but Michael Muhney should really be a part of this film. He has a HUGE fan base now from Y&R. I don't care how they do it, just do it, otherwise I have no interest in seeing this movie.

Dude

As someone else stated... "Throwing out money"

When this movie is leaked, and pirated on torrent sites, I wonder if the producers/ movie studios will still send out copyright warnings for stealing "their" movie....

Nicoleasm

I never got into this show, now I wish I had because it seems everyone loves it

kristie

Idiots!!! How about they raise money for...I don't know...feeding starving kids in this country or helping find a cure for cancer.

jsrule15

can we get this done for Soprano's now.?? I mean if we can get a Veronica Mars movies, lets do this long awaited, much desired Soprano's movie...just saying...

Jen

Buying your spot back isn't always something to be proud of. It's all about the money, but having the money doesn't mean you have earned the attention, just like the likes of the Kardashians and Paris Hilton, this show could have had one or two rich supporters and a couple of hundred people who donated like 50 dollars and it still doesn't mean the project would make it had those two fans not been rich.

It's all about that money is right.

Ozzie X

Under the category of who cares or unnecessary news.

_Taterman

Oddly, I never heard of this show.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments