Belinda Carlisle

I Was the Lindsay Lohan

of My Time

3/15/2013 8:21 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0314_belinda_lindsay
Belinda Carlisle says she definitely feels Lindsay Lohan's pain ... 'cause the Go-Go's frontwoman says she was JUST LIKE the troubled actress when she was younger ... only there weren't as many people taking pictures.

54-year-old Carlisle just made the comments to PopDose.com ... saying, "Back in like 1981 and 1982, I was like the Lindsay Lohan of that time, actually. Honestly. I just didn’t get photographed."

She continued, "I would never ever ever have been able to survive what I can imagine that she goes through. I see a lot of myself in her, actually."

Carlisle -- who recently said she quit drinking, smoking and doing drugs -- went on ... "Eventually, it catches up with you and let’s just hope it ends well."

awards

OMG! WTF! FMTT! Belinda doesn't look dead, eh? I think Linds is going to make Belinda eat those words!

Sam

Why are all these has beens trying to ride the Lindsay Lohan train to shame?

Sam

@lindsaylohan Belinda C is just after her 15 minutes of fame and my money. Go Go away

Sam

Damn,, she's 54? She looks like Lindsay's younger sister lol

Sam

No Belinda, you didn't even come close to being the Lindsay Lohan of your generation. As a matter of fact, it has yet to be proven that ANYONE has ever come close to being the Lindsay Lohan of their generation, although, Lucretia Borgia comes the closest.

Grandma Cracker

Still love Belinda Carlisle. Lindsay is not like her.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

"Shes Lynnocent!"

Pretty soon she's going to be Lynwood-sent.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

...and dammmn, TMZ sure is using the crap out of those bloaty, greasy court photos.

jim

Belinda, Wake up you were no where close to that person . You are a respectable lady. If this is a attempt to get you name out there again ? Please record a album ,not cheapen your self down to this level . Please .

Scary

She's talked before about her drug use.

gogos

Belinda!!!! I have followed you and the GoGo's since forever - and you were a little wild... but I don't think you were quite as comparable.... Your new single ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE DORITO BANDITO

Why the big red "Breaking News" banner??

jeff

I would love to sniff both their a$$ holes at the same time.

Sam

Up Next: Andy Dick Exclusive, "I'm As Irrelevant As Lindsay Lohan, But She Still Gets All The Media Attention!"

jabberjaws

She's been there and back.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments