« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Poker Champ Arrested

In Female Prostitution Sting [UPDATE]

3/15/2013 9:46 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0315_greg_raymer_getty_article
update_bar
11:13 AM PT -- Despite initial reports, cops say the sting did NOT involve "male" prostitutes ... but rather prostitutes of the female variety.

0314_divider_graphic
World Series of Poker champ Greg Raymer -- aka the FossilMan -- has been busted for trying to bury his bone ... after allegedly soliciting a prostitute online.

A rep for the Wake Forest PD in North Carolina says Raymer was popped at a Wake Forest hotel on Wednesday.

Police say the 48-year-old poker legend was one of six men who responded to an advertisement posted by an undercover cop on a website frequented by prostitutes. The men have since been released on $1,000 bond.

0315-fossil-man-mug-shot
According to Raymer's website, he is currently married.

Raymer -- famous for his lizard-eye hologram glasses -- won the 2004 World Series of Poker main event. He reportedly owns a nearby NC house valued at nearly $1.6 million.

0817_poker_shark_footer_v2

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Metta Worldhate

F--- you, police.

Yeah, he's a sad, gross, disguisting pig, but what business of that is yours?

Sandra

He is a fugly pig!!

HillbillyHell

Dude needs to go on a DIET....ASAP

edwad

what do u expect from a lowlife fat gambler

ricosauve15

What a waste of tax payer money. If this person was being forced or was underage then ya. Send in the cops. Two adults should be none of our business

jboogie

Why did the article mention something about male prositute, the media always trying to juice something up. There's nothing wrong with this man being with some women. This country is so hypicritical, I guess it would have been ok if it was engaging with men. Like really is something wrong with a man being with a women, everyone are adults. Wake up.

Sequals3

What a complete waste of police resources! Wake Forest, North Carolina has a Crime Index of 36...100 is the best. 36, and their spending their resources busting John's...?! Go solve a B&E, a rape or a murder you dumbf*ck pigs!

Darkrazr

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the jail my soul to keep, If I F***up make me pay, 50 dollars everyday.....lol

scoopie

This is sad; I got to meet him the year after he won and he's a really nice guy who seems to have made a bad choice.

MarkFaust

Entrapment.

bingobo

Well if he knew that the woman behind the ad is a cop, would he respond to that ad? Of course not. It's sounds like an entrapment to me. It's like they set you up for failure kind of thing. The cop made a mistake already by pretending as a woman. People or customers as a male species will hit any beautiful woman but not a cop pretending to be a woman. This guy can even sue the Police for some type of fraud violating ones privacy. How about that for a change and let's not judge the guy for what he did. After all, for all of you who have not sinned shall cast the first stone.

Wildling

This ugly fatty looks like he would have to pay for sex.

JC

I will start by saying, I do not agree with "Buying" another Human Being but, with all of the Unsolved Murders; Rapes, Assaults, Robberies, etc., it BOGGLES my mind, that Cops spend their time and resources, running Prostitution Stings and arresting Prostitutes and "Johns"! There are FAR more important crimes, they could be focusing on! Save us from the Murderers; Rapists and Thugs FIRST! THEN, "save" us, from the Prostitutes! Leave it to my Home State of North Carolina!

Kaaka

So i guess the undercover COP didn't wait for his " ALL IN" ..move.

Arthur

He should have played a different hand.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments