Lil Wayne

All Smiles w/ Son ...

Days Before Hospitalization

3/16/2013 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0316-lil-wayne-aquarium-tmzLil Wayne was the picture of good health while exploring an Atlanta aquarium with his son last weekend -- this just three days before suffering a slew of seizures that left him hospitalized in L.A.

The pics were snapped at the Georgia Aquarium on March 9. Wayne was there with his 4-year-old son, Dwayne Carter III, checking out the Ocean Voyager exhibit.

Sources on scene tell us ... the rapper was having a blast with his lil guy and kept pointing the fishes out to his son. We're told Wayne even took time to talk to fans before taking in the dolphin show later that evening.

Sadly, the happy excursion ended up a far cry from the rest of Wayne's week. TMZ broke the story ... Wayne was hospitalized in L.A. Tuesday night after suffering multiple seizures. After a short release, he was re-admitted Wednesday to the ICU -- after one of his body guards found him unconscious on the floor.

We're told Lil Wayne remains in critical condition in the ICU, but is stabilizing slowly.

Aryan4c

Its sad tupac died at 25 and this guy is still walking at 30. But still i hope he makes it and turns his life around

Stacie

If he pulls through and recovers. And rejects rehab or any effort to clean up his kids should be taken maybe then he will straighten up. No child or mother deserves to go through this

Throwback kid

Does TMZ even have this Lil Wayne story correct? How critical is he? maybe it is time for TMZ to fire their writers and hire real ones. This poor reporting is becoming a pattern with TMZ, they are unable to handle real news, just Kardashian crap

Metta Worldhate

YOU LIE!!!

Throwback kid

TMZ basically does 3 stories, they do the Kardashians, they do Bieber and they do the Obama's. After that they are unable to do a real news story, they drop the ball every time. If Lil Wayne did not receive his last Rites why would they report it? Can anyone at TMZ do their job? just pathetic, learn how to report

Jodi

I knew Lil Wayne wasn't alright. His camp is doing a poor job with all the "he's fine" tweets trying to make us think he's okay. We aren't stupid.

No one can have numerous seizures back to back and be okay in a matter of hours. His health is getting worse. His body is rebelling due to the abuse it's getting.

If he pulls through this he need to the leave the drugs and cough syrup alone and get his body healthy again or he may not have another chance.

sierrarose

I am not a fan of this guy's but he needs to get well for his children. Look at the happiness on his and his son's face and now think of where he is.

KEV

cute kid

beautifulMya

I hope Lil Wayne does not die not because I'm a fan cuz I'm not . It's just I don't have time for Lil Wayne video tribute on MTV and vh1 that interferes with regular scheduled programming. I gotta see Teen Mom and love and hip hop

RUSTTI

"Better to burn out than fade away"~Niel Young

Carmen

I hope Lil Wayne is okay. I'll say a prayer for him. I don't wish death on no one, not even my worst enemy. I hope this will be a wake up call for him to get clean. I have watched Lil Wayne grow up from Cash Money to Young Money. Get it together Wayne for your family. ♥

PokerStar

I hope they figure out what is causing his seizures and that this was a wake up call for Weezy.

IrishRule

Life gets mighty precious
When there's less of it to wa-a-a-aste

Areader

My prayers go out Lil Wayne for a full recovery.

Phishie from Philly

Pull through you bastar.d. I'm prayin for you and your family. It ain't time yet mo fo.
Phishie from Philly