Geraldo Rivera

I Wanna Run For Senate ...

'Cause Jersey Needs Me

3/19/2013 2:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

031813_geraldo_rivera_launch
Geraldo Rivera
says he's got a real shot at winning a coveted Senate seat in New Jersey ... telling TMZ ... it's what the PEOPLE want and NEED.

Our photog ran into Rivera on the streets of NYC this weekend and asked him all about his potential Senate bid as a Republican candidate -- which he's been tiptoeing around the last few weeks.

Rivera says he hasn't made up his mind whether he'll run or not ... but from judging from our little encounter with the guy, it's only a matter of time until he officially enters the race.

Vince

Please God NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

Your vote is in the basement of a Chicago hotel. Go and find it.

bob

If he has any honest friends ,he won't run. Although I think he is qualified ,he has way to much baggage to win and would also have to give up his TV and radio gigs just to run. I just don't see it happening.

FlamingoNut

Um, I don't think so...

BB not bb

He got famous exposing some sort of home for the retarded that was abusing them. Then everyone thought he was a good guy who cared about people. Maybe that was just hype to jump start his career. I think those institutionalized for mential issues are probably treated worse than ever. The expose made it seem like these people were being treated badly, when the whole system revolved around treating people so badly that they seem sick and need of a hospital.

The medicines they force on people now are so horrific, that there are mass murders, assaults, and suicides galore attributed to them. They rewire a person's brain into complete malfunction and confusion. The internal torture is beyond anything physical or emotional that could possibly happen to a person.

All we have are TV personality politicians any more. From Cory Booker to Chris Christie, they are all about selling their personality while using it as a cover for their own self serving agendas, incompetance, lack of concern, and dishonesty. We don't need another guy whose expertise is in mugging for the cameras.

The one thing I might like about Geraldo is that he is Jewish and he might be opposed to the creeping sharia being allowed into government by people like Chris Christie with his sharia law superior court judge appointments.

Not saying he'd be loyal though or use common sense.

whateveryou

I don't care what your politics are, I've always thought this guy has a narcissistic personality. Let's just say in the 90's I watched SOMEBODY'S talk show just to see how his personality disorder was doing that day. Lol, seriously I don't believe I was the only one watching for laughs.

FanaticTragic

Yes, the state of New Jersey needs his moustache.

Angela

Look at his old alcoholic nose. NO ONE needs Geraldo. Go back into Capone's vault and lock yourself away!

Diane

I'd hate to see it (his election to office), but idiots have been voted in before - first to mind - Al Franken. I'll stop there, but I could go on and on and on and on and on....

psco2007

This from the Clown who said on his radio show, "Al Sharpton is a good guy."'
Sharpton and his buddy "Jessuh Jackson" are the two biggest reasons for the racial divide and Geraldo belongs with them in a triple cell.

jg59

We don't need you

psco2007

This from the Clown who said on his radio show, "Al Sharpton is a good guy."'

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4