Journey Guitarist

Sues Ex-Mother-in-Law --

Stop Trashing Me Online!

3/18/2013 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0318_neal-schon_getty2
Most people get to forget their in-laws after divorce ... but not Journey guitarist Neal Schon -- he's suing his ex-mom-in-law for defamation, claiming the woman is continuing to ruin his life ... by badmouthing him on the Internet.

Neal filed the defamation suit against Judy Kozan, the mother of Amber Schon -- whom Neal divorced in 2007 -- claiming Judy has "attacked and harassed" him through Internet postings and false comments to the media for years.

According to the lawsuit, Judy published a blog article in January, accusing Schon of not paying her daughter enough money to support herself -- letting their two little girls "go homeless," putting his ex "in a situation where she literally has no money for food, gas for the car, bills, nothing."

Schon says he's paid his ex amply ... more than $1.3 million to be exact ... and her mom's lies have tarnished his reputation, resulting in multiple media outlets accusing him of being a "deadbeat" dad.

He's suing for at least $75,000.

FYI -- Judy has since removed the offending blog post ... and replaced it with a post that sounds a lot like a retraction, in which she says the "deadbeat dad" reports are FALSE. Too little, too late?

Hey Jude

Mjw ok.... Really? I've seen we're you've admitted on Neal's FB page that ( you were one of them) when he Was talking about stockers. Did you not say you we're one of them but they ( kicked you out) that would appear to me as it Really wasn't what you wanted. When you are kicked off a team it's never what you wished but never the less you did admit to being one of them that had been stalking in the same group for years ... What's the Real Deal.... You also mentioned on Neal's page you ran with the same group ( with Jeffrey Rutledge and the rest ) but weren't good at hating and they kicked you out Seems you are a bit confused as to where you want to be and even as of yesterday ... Your this way < Your that way> yes you are a bit confused

PALADIN

Who needs some trashy "reality" television show/appearance when this forum provides the opportunity to embarrass one's self?

Hey Jude

Nice try to you 5 narcissistic Bullying bunch. I've got the goods. The Real Deal

Hey Jude

Marquis -Mj who has paid you for all these years? I have a couple of good ideas..

Skarlet1

I find it ironic that all the negative responses on here are from "hey Jude" which is actually Neal Schon signing under his ex-mother in laws screen name stated in the lawsuit. Good try Neal, you are more pathetic everyday. Blame everyone but yourself...poor Neal (insert whiny voice) "everybody is picking on me"! Should have picked a better nose. LOL

JMD333

I have a simple question, I hope it's not met with a bunch of hateful remarks, because it is just that, a simple question... Who's child is Liam?

LookingGlass

Neal I hope tonight goes really well for you..........

MeriJ

I'm done here. I'm going to give myself some time to get my head clear and then I'll meet with a few firms to get a feel for whether I have a case for defamation.
I'll explore whether a court might realistically issue a subpoena asking TMZ to compare the IP address for Lynn with Hey Jude and ItsASecret. I don't need to know the IPs myself, just whether they match. If either of them do, we'll ask TMZ to share the IP with FB's lawyers to verify that it's one that was used by Neal Schon during that time frame for posts to his fan page.
If I can pull that off, a defamation case should be pretty straightforward. If not, well, who knows, but I can't see wasting the court's time debating sock puppet syntax.

JMD333

It seems to me that as long as there are talented/beautiful/happy people on the earth, they'll be someone who wants to tear them down..... I guess if you can't or won't work hard to be one of them, one should talk no end of trash about them and or milk as much money out of them for as long or longer than the law decrees..... Sad but true.... I prefer to be happy for people, there's enough ugly in the world.... Peace

Marquis De Suave

You'll notice that Hey Jude hasn't posted much tonight. Think that it's a coincidence that HJ's lack of posting came at during a chunk of time when Neal Schon was doing a radio interview and took his orange colored girlfriend with him?

itsasecret

Hey small five!! get much sleep!!?? hahaha

PALADIN

Hey Jude, I mean Neal, I see I garnered a response from you. Did you miss me?

The Real Deal

Nanny nanny boo boo. You can't catch me.

The Real Deal

Whaddayasay we all get together face to face and have a nice chat? That surely will clear the air, yes?

Hey Jude