Journey Guitarist

Sues Ex-Mother-in-Law --

Stop Trashing Me Online!

3/18/2013 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0318_neal-schon_getty2
Most people get to forget their in-laws after divorce ... but not Journey guitarist Neal Schon -- he's suing his ex-mom-in-law for defamation, claiming the woman is continuing to ruin his life ... by badmouthing him on the Internet.

Neal filed the defamation suit against Judy Kozan, the mother of Amber Schon -- whom Neal divorced in 2007 -- claiming Judy has "attacked and harassed" him through Internet postings and false comments to the media for years.

According to the lawsuit, Judy published a blog article in January, accusing Schon of not paying her daughter enough money to support herself -- letting their two little girls "go homeless," putting his ex "in a situation where she literally has no money for food, gas for the car, bills, nothing."

Schon says he's paid his ex amply ... more than $1.3 million to be exact ... and her mom's lies have tarnished his reputation, resulting in multiple media outlets accusing him of being a "deadbeat" dad.

He's suing for at least $75,000.

FYI -- Judy has since removed the offending blog post ... and replaced it with a post that sounds a lot like a retraction, in which she says the "deadbeat dad" reports are FALSE. Too little, too late?

LookingGlass

"waiting' still to find out who Carrie Adams is????

Kittycat

Hey Jude (Neal) we just want to know are you really 5'7"? Maybe that's when you have the shoes on with the hidden lifts. Thanks :)

LookingGlass

And I never got to see your DICK PIC either can you repost?

Kittycat

And Neal (Jude) can you tell us what you think of Micheale's single "Bump It". Are you going to let her perform this at your next concert tour. Gee wiz. And thanks :)

Olivia Gordon

Hey Jude (Neal), I've read through this thread and have been thoroughly entertained. Please tell me that you aren't really that thin skinned!! After 40+ years in the music biz, you can't tell me that you have never received a bad review. That no critic ever called your band bubblegum pop or your guitar playing sophomoric, lacking in substance and filled with self gratification. I'm not saying that you are any of these things, just giving you an example of a bad review that you may have heard in the last 4 decades. If you can handle that, I just don't understand what this nonsense is all about. Bullying, harassment? By the people on this thread? You've got to be kidding me. It seems that you are the one that is the bully here. Pot meet kettle.....Carry on....

MeriJ

Congratulations, Neal, on the Daily Mail retraction. I mean that sincerely. It was a s***my article that defamed you.
Congratulations, also to Judy Kozan. The fact that the Daily Mail caved and even paid Neal’s legal expenses proves they never spoke to Judy for that article. Had they done so, they would merely have been reporting her claims and would not have been liable for whether they were accurate.
They never even understood what it was that she was annoyed by. It had nothing to do with child support.

JellosHaterz

I never really thought that Neal Schon was a deadbeat dad, But as everyone can see by the evidence in these comments, he and his gal pal are hateful bullies. Michaele has been a bully for years and it seems Schon has been schooled in her ways. So N&M get on with the apologies that you need to make to the people you maligned.

LookingGlass

Hey Neal, see what happens when you think with your DICK???

Now apologize and stop the lawsuit, and post on your FB pages how wrong you were!!! OVER AND OVER AND OVER !!!

LookingGlass

They will never learn to just shut up..........

LookingGlass

He is still saying Judy told the reporter.

The Real Deal

You have no earthly idea just how much of a jackass you both look like right now. The average 10 year old has more maturity and class than either one of you. Go ahead, call me a "jealous hater" which are the only two words either of you know. I am neither jealous nor a hater as that would indicate I would want to be like you or gave what you have. No thanks! And, even though no one is taking away from you the fact that you are a successful rock guitarist, you have just lowered your "coolness factor" into the negative digits due to your beyond ridiculous antics. Would you ever catch McCartney, Jagger, Tyler, Sambora, or anyone in that league behaving like you?? I didn't think so. And why? One guess. One "woman". One sociopathic woman has turned you into complete sludge. She's invasive, divisive, manipulative, corruptive, malicious, vicious, capricious, disingenuous, needy, greedy, seedy, ...shall I continue? Hey buddy if that's what lights your lights, go for it. But stop ripping apart members of your own family and blaming them for something TGEY NEVER DUD and for which you are fully responsible. You are the one who ran off with this chick. This 48 year old chick. You are the one who decided its ok to display every make out session all over every conceivable inch of the World Wide Web. You did this. You did. Not us. And if people have an opinion on it, since you put it out there, then be willing to take some heat for it. That's not bullying, that called 1ST AMENDMENT RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH. If you want to police what others say or think maybe you'd be better off in North Korea. Try a little if that on for size and see how it feels. What really pisses you off most is that YOU KNOW WE ARE RIGHT. Yes the truth shall prevail my balding friend. Victory!!!!!

MeriJ

Hey Jude
Game over
1 day ago

So now we know what you were referring to, Michaele. It's a huge victory, no doubt about it, and one that I applaud without reservation.
But will it be enough for you? You hint that you intend to destroy Amber and Judy Kozan. Once you succeed at that, I imagine there will be someone else. You have the resources now to destroy just about anyone you please.
"Lynn" was a nasty piece of work. If that's a sign of things to come, all I can say is that I truly pity Neal Schon.

itsasecret

LOL!!!

itsasecret

"The good ALWAYS prevail!" congrats Neal and Michaele..this "Journey" has seemed very difficult for you :-/...glad the papers made a public apology to you guys..I really hope things get better for you 2...Love and Light:) stay strong

itsasecret

The Daily mail paper was wrong!...but they have righted their wrong with a sincere apology which normally would be looked at as a positive thing...Especially when it comes to Neal and Michaele and all they have endured when it comes to negativity..I truly do not understand why you all would press the "hate button" on me just writing congrats to them as a couple..It lets me know that you people are truly full of HATE...and that proves it...Neal and Michaele did not deserve the harsh things that were said in that paper...and atleast the Head Honchos of that paper agreed as well:)