Journey Guitarist

Sues Ex-Mother-in-Law --

Stop Trashing Me Online!

3/18/2013 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0318_neal-schon_getty2
Most people get to forget their in-laws after divorce ... but not Journey guitarist Neal Schon -- he's suing his ex-mom-in-law for defamation, claiming the woman is continuing to ruin his life ... by badmouthing him on the Internet.

Neal filed the defamation suit against Judy Kozan, the mother of Amber Schon -- whom Neal divorced in 2007 -- claiming Judy has "attacked and harassed" him through Internet postings and false comments to the media for years.

According to the lawsuit, Judy published a blog article in January, accusing Schon of not paying her daughter enough money to support herself -- letting their two little girls "go homeless," putting his ex "in a situation where she literally has no money for food, gas for the car, bills, nothing."

Schon says he's paid his ex amply ... more than $1.3 million to be exact ... and her mom's lies have tarnished his reputation, resulting in multiple media outlets accusing him of being a "deadbeat" dad.

He's suing for at least $75,000.

FYI -- Judy has since removed the offending blog post ... and replaced it with a post that sounds a lot like a retraction, in which she says the "deadbeat dad" reports are FALSE. Too little, too late?

Previous 15 Comments | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

LookingGlass

She is very sad !

Re

I read somewhere that Bravo asked her to provide a statement from her doctor regarding her MS, and she failed to give them that. They asked her to give them written authorization to talk with her doctor, and she wouldn't do that either. If her employer simply asks for proof of her medical condition, why on earth wouldn't she give them what they needed?

Ivisu

Michaele, thank you for playing! It appears that you have stopped for now but we all know you'll be back the next time you do something stupid or cause Neal to do something stupid you will once again try to defend the undefendable. Later, doll face!

The Real Deal

Hooray! We made it to 1000+ comments! Lentil soup and hot chocolate at my house......

Marquis De Suave

If I were Neal, and thank God I am not, I'd make certain that no photographer EVER shot me in a close up and certainly never got a picture of me in high definition. The plastic surgery he has looks grotesque when he's in a HD close up.

and Neal, thanks for the shout out btw. Give Danno my regards.

Not Amz

Ok here we go.

LookingGlass

It's started....loosing more LIKES

Finn Engen Hmmm. Why air private things in public??
about an hour ago
Neal Schon That's what I said when she blogged all her crap that got picked up by all Tabloids.
about an hour ago · 3
Neal Schon JR - M nice job.... Your getting better
about an hour ago · 1
Tony Lewis I think the point has been made and has been proven. Neal, probably time to let this go... I am rather burned out on it. I am going to unlike your page because even though I still like you and your music, I am unliking your status rehash of the subject. Thanks, Neal.
Tony (originally from Watsonville, CA)
51 minutes ago

Neal Schon Cool Tony no prob
38 minutes ago · 1

ML

I do believe one of the orignal comments has disappeared.....hey, Lilbubba and Hey Jude, remember what Danno said, the internet is forever!

JellosHaterz

I can't believe that Kneel refuses to see what a joke he has become since the lovely Michelle has entered his life. Keep the blinders on Neil, we all love a good laugh and Micheala has been keeping us laughing for years.

LookingGlass

Is everyone getting ready for June 6th trial ???

JellosHaterz

From the court do***ents it appears that Neal has lost this one. Two counts were thrown out and one was strictly limited. Good for Judy!

LookingGlass

LookingGlass

Very Happy for Judy !!!

And Neal and Michelle, when things go wrong for you two it means you are wrong !

Jamie Brouhard

I hope he won. People need to learn to think before they type something they regret. Imagine 100 people standing in a room and imagine yourself saying out loud what you are about to type.... Did you change your mind? Why? Because people see your face? Do you not want to get harassed for what you said? Same applies to the web....

Previous 15 Comments | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21