One-Eyed Singer Houston

NO JAIL in DUI Case

... I Like That

3/19/2013 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0504_houston_summers_mugshot3
"I Like That" singer Houston -- who famously suffered an emotional breakdown in 2005 and gouged his own eye out with a fork -- has had a change in fortune ... because TMZ has learned, he just got off easy in his DUI case.

TMZ broke the story ...  Houston was arrested last year near Malibu after cops say he was driving erratically in his SUV. When cops approached the vehicle, they claim it smelled of marijuana ... and Houston looked drugged out ... so they placed him under arrest.

But last week, the DUI charge was reduced to a minor traffic infraction ... and the $100 fine was suspended ... meaning Houston pretty much got off scot-free. It's unclear why the charge was reduced.

As for Houston's 2005 breakdown -- the singer reportedly first attempted suicide by jumping out of a window while under the influence of PCP. His friends stopped him, but when they locked him in a first-floor room, Houston gouged his eye out with a plastic fork.

0504_houston_summers_subasset_2003
Houston was institutionalized for a year following the incident. He has since attributed the whole thing to "the pressures of fame."

yessir

He's 29?!!!! Dang, he looks 40.

Scary

who?

lcmb

Maybe intense mental health care is in order.

fifi

This poor guy! He was very handsome - what demons he must have been battling for this to happen!

Loopy

Who is this guy?

ugh..really?

This guy was born in 1983!? He looks 50

XstaC007

He was so sexy pre-the eye gouge!! Another one flew the cuckoo nest!!

bigran19

I remember when that happened, he wasn't in the limelight long enough to fell pressure like that.

Grneyedbandiiit

Dang I remember him. And I liked his song in high school. We all did. I remember him doing it because he was religious and felt the choices he was making were immoral. I'm praying for him. He looks like he's going through it. Awfully sad.

Grneyedbandiiit