Aaliyah

Legal Dogfight

Over Dead Singer's Music

3/21/2013 12:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0320-getty-aaliyah
Aaliyah
's been dead nearly 12 years ... but a music publisher is still fighting over the rights to her songs, suing a record company for allegedly hawking bootleg Aaliyah jams on the Internet.

Reservoir Media Management filed the lawsuit against a company called Craze Productions, claiming Craze has been illegally selling songs from Aaliyah's double-platinum albums "Aaliyah" and "One in a Million" on iTunes.

Reservoir claims it's the sole owner of the songs in question ... acquiring the music rights in 2012 ... and it never gave Craze permission to sell the music.

Reservoir wants a judge to block Craze from peddling any more Aaliyah music ... and it wants $$$.

HumanNature

*”˜ZOOM˜”*°**”ZOOM˜˜”*°*”˜˜”*°✈"SPLAT"...

tamara

"dead singer"? 12-year-olds writing these stories. pffft

Bkshorti

She left to early and always b remember. I still love listening to her music. All this is, is about money which is pretty sad theirs no honor on both sides for the talent she had in her videos music and who she was in person. Shes probably the only female artist that stayed true to who she was.

Toallthehatersoftheworld

It never ends

Alexandria

I don't know if you guys believe in God or a higher power, but God IS resurrecting Aaliyah. I am her wife. God allowed her to marry me, spiritually, AFTER SHE DIED. Meeting Jesus Christ after death, changed her. If you don't know Jesus Christ, you might want to get to know him, QUICKLY. I have the picture of Aaliyah in white as my profile pic on my FB page.

You will understand if you choose to read my 'About You' and ALL posts.

FB: Aaliyah Alexandria

Alexandria

TMZ, YOU CAN DO MUCH BETTER. Please show respect to Aaliyah. Everyone knows she 'died' in 2001. Where's YOUR COMPASSION, SENSITIVITY????
Your NEXT topic on Aaliyah will RESPECTFULLY refer to:
AALIYAH'S RESURRECTION!

jfelton

Very unfortunate.

applepiee

"Aaliyah's been dead nearly 12 years..." That really got to me. :(

Macy

Is this why her music is not widely available on Spotify? An ownership problem.

Mousse

Aaliyah will always and forever be one of my favourites singers and good role model and inspiration to me and a person who knows what she wants and went after it no matter how hard life was and always a positive down to earth person : )

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2