Adrien Brody

Drops $20,000

... On Monopoly Man

3/21/2013 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

adrien_brody_alec_monopoly_rolls_royce_launchThere's a reason rich people buy expensive art ... they've run out of everything else to buy -- which is exactly how Adrien Brody blew $20,000 this week.

Sources tell TMZ, the actor stopped by a popular Hollywood art gallery called Lab Art on Tuesday to check out new works by famed street artist Alec Monopoly ... and he was so blown away by the paintings, he purchased 5 pieces worth roughly $20,000 total.

Adrien went to the gallery to check on his old Rolls-Royce which he donated to Alec, who turned it into an art piece ... and Adrien went nuts over several paintings.

Check out the Rolls in the pics.  Pretty cool actually.

As for Adrien -- looks like he just landed himself squarely on "Luxury Tax."

IwuvTMZ

Hey, that's his money.

cobrazombie

Ugh, totally ruined that Rolls.

Cthrew

How can Brody be rich? All he's made are **** movies. Absolutely some of the worst. He's a great looking guy. If he'd made a few RomComs he could've written his own ticket financially. Now he gets script rejects from the likes of Stephen Dorff and Owen Wilson.

niles

Has "Monopoly Man" never heard of something called a copyright?

pattycake

idiot..and a swarmy a hole

rudynjudyjudy

kinda of ironic that monopoly doesn't have a monopoly on monopoly.So anyone can cartoon any FOX CBS TMZ cartoon and get some mookas and artistes credits maybe a Oscar ar~fargos

Sassy

He donated his old car so this artist could use it in his work. Adrien also went back and supported the artist by buying some of his paintings. I think that's cool. Nice to read a normal celeb story from time to time. LOL!!

jimmy d

can you imagine the size of the coke boogies,those heed sized nostrils hold

lou

Thats what you call an actor. Some ugly white boy who looks home less

cobrazombie

I guess ripping off other people's art and graphics makes you an artist these days.

pattycakes not to be confused with pattycake

Ok people no nose jokes. He's got a look that nobody else has and that's him. I give him credit for keeping his nose. It's like a beauty mark. With a regular nose he'd be a nobody. It's his distinguishing mark.

Smoothjc1

Looks more like Richie Rich on the hood.

isitin

Street artists?, I call them vandals.

Carter Lay

We had a blast that day .... amazing work but if you think he spent a lot LOL You should see what I picked up . Wen't to Shepard Fairey"s the next day and got the grand tour AMAZING !

Carter Lay

WE had a blast ! You think thats a lot of cash you should see what I put down LOL !!! Went to Shepard Fairey"s the next day AMAZING GUY ... went off got all kinds of peaces. He agreed to be on my TV show as well. Good things are coming . At the Long Beach Grand Prix racing camp now . 4 days of training , Adrien Brody got me my spot . Great guy doing all kinds of amazing things . Such a big help to my charity . Follow me at @carterLay or @Lay_Foundation Facebook The Carter Lay Charitable Fond ... Auctioning of the car I trained in with him for charity after the race with APJ.org :)

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments