'Real Chance of Love' Star

Fighting Stage Four Cancer

3/21/2013 7:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0321_real_chance_instagramOne of the guys from the VH1 reality show "Real Chance of Love" has been diagnosed with STAGE FOUR colon cancer ... and is hospitalized while doctors come up with a strategy to attack the disease.

TMZ has learned Real ... real name Ahmad Givens ... is getting treatment at Cedars-Sinai hospital in Beverly Hills.

A rep for Real -- who starred with his brother on the popular dating show 'Real Chance' -- tells TMZ he first got sick in January with what he thought was the flu.

We're told 33-year-old Real went back to the hospital at least 4 times and was initially told something was wrong with his liver -- but last week doctors informed him it was colon cancer.

Stage four generally means the cancer has spread to other parts of the body.

We're told the rapper-turned-reality-star will remain hospitalized at least until docs figure out what kind of treatment -- chemotherapy, radiation, or both -- he will require.

The rep says they expect a decision from doctors today.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

PureRadiance

A shout out of prayers to you.

Carl

Once you reach stage 4 there is generally no realistic plan to fight the cancer. All they can do is buy some time.

zombie

That is sad. I actually like the dude. He was really funny on those VH1 shows. I think he was on I Love NY as well. Hope the guy gets a fighting chance for a remission.

jokerchick

well wishes

Melissa B

I hope he beats it! I wish him a full long healthy life!

JessGio

Thats sad.. God bless

Missmysis

Don't really know who he is but I wish him the best. I lost my sister (age 32) to colon cancer last year. She was an athlete and ate healthy and we have no family history. It sucks that they haven't lowered the age for a colonoscopy since people are being diagnosed younger and younger. Doctors tend to explain the symptoms, if there are any, as something else. She started having symptoms at 27 and was told it was because she had a baby the year before. No one, famous or not, should have to suffer the death my sister did. I wish this guy well!

redd82282

Aww sorry to hear that GOD BLESS

Melissa1987

wow sad. He was my fav. I hope he pulls through. Stage 4 is very serious.

puddintang

Stallionaires! He was on I Love NY, Real Chance of Love and another one, the name escapes me. They competed against other reality contestants for money. Prayers to you "Real". Get Well!

Melissa1987

Poor guy. There is something going on in this world that is causing people to get cancer at a younger and younger age.

Stiletto

Nice to see his two buddy's showing their inherent lack of class by wearing their "thugs with money" gear...and turning it into a photo op.

tamtam

This is sad. Since young people are not recommended to get colon screenings, if they do come down with cancer, it is usually advanced. I had a friend die at the age of 33 of this horrible disease.

CelticOne

Oh, that's not good. If you have ever had a loved one suffer from any form of cancer it's dreadful. Colon cancer is just horrible. Unfortunately it doesn't sound good. My prayers to him and his family, although i don't consider him a celebrity.. he is a human being and for that, I feel for him.

dreamer4u

So sorry to hear..God bless him during this time and best wishes for his recovery..

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments