'Real Chance of Love' Star

Fighting Stage Four Cancer

3/21/2013 7:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0321_real_chance_instagramOne of the guys from the VH1 reality show "Real Chance of Love" has been diagnosed with STAGE FOUR colon cancer ... and is hospitalized while doctors come up with a strategy to attack the disease.

TMZ has learned Real ... real name Ahmad Givens ... is getting treatment at Cedars-Sinai hospital in Beverly Hills.

A rep for Real -- who starred with his brother on the popular dating show 'Real Chance' -- tells TMZ he first got sick in January with what he thought was the flu.

We're told 33-year-old Real went back to the hospital at least 4 times and was initially told something was wrong with his liver -- but last week doctors informed him it was colon cancer.

Stage four generally means the cancer has spread to other parts of the body.

We're told the rapper-turned-reality-star will remain hospitalized at least until docs figure out what kind of treatment -- chemotherapy, radiation, or both -- he will require.

The rep says they expect a decision from doctors today.

Amy

those are his brothers, the picture was posted on twitter to their fans, they are trying to raise money for his treatment . I think at this point they know the outcome. It is really sad. He is not old at all and was always such a nice guy on those VH1 shows

MISERABLE66

Im sad to hear this. I liked Real and Chance on those VH1 shows. They were funny. Stage 4 sounds like theres no coming back. I truly hope for the best.

Bethy

Stage IV? That's not good at all. That's basically as bad as it can get. If he's just been diagnosed... my guess it means some nasty surgery... colon resection, following by massive chemo or radiation. If it's spread to other parts of his body, he's in trouble. At that stage, he's got about a 10% chance (if that) of making it the next 5 years. It really depends on where the cancer has spread. He's young, let's hope he responds to treatment as best he can.

Saffron

Aaah, prayers going up. He was a fun and nice guy on the show. We've got to find a cure for cancer.

Christy

Very sad to hear this. I always liked them on those shows. Hoping that he responds to treatment. Prayers

Keith

This is a very sad story. My heart goes out to him and his family. I lost my dad to colon cancer ten years ago. I can't implore everyone enough to GET A COLONOSCOPY. It is painless and can detect cancerous or precancerous issues early enough to save your life. If colon cancer runs in your family, DO NOT WAIT to have this life saving diagnostic test done. Your insurance will cover the cost.

milly5

I actually liked this show when it came on! Cool ass brothers, no script there. Hope you get better, cancer sucks I cannot believe its still around!! I know there's a cure out there..

bright eyez

So sad. at least he has his brothers' support. I feel so bad for anyone who has to go through this. Cancer sucks. It affect so many people. I wish him the best.

myopinion

wow...so sad! Get well so Real!

chloelee29

Daym. Stage 4. He's so young. Stay strong Real! Wish those doctors would have found it earlier ...

shewentwhoa

That's so sad! I thought he was hilarious on I love NY. But, I'd say he would probably have 6 months even with chemo and radiation. He's so young too. :(

Truth

Stage four means it's over. Officially. Bummer.

KEISHA

WOW MY PRAYERS GOES OUT TO REAL AND HIS FAMILY.

gossipgirl86

Once it spreads to the liver the chances of sirvival are pretty grim. Chemo can prolong his life but it's not likely that he will sirvive. I'm not God though so I hope a miracle happens...he is still pretty young.

tsarina

Google Chris Beat Cancer. It is a blog I follow of a young guy who was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer in 2003 and is still alive and cancer free. I realize Real is stage 4, so he is at a more advanced stage but at the least Chris' site can give some hope. I lost my mother-in-law to colon cancer 6 months ago and it was a horrific struggle. I hate to think of such a young person going through this... My mother in law followed Chris' strategies to start and her tumor markers were very low, then she started to stray from it and her markers rose exponentially. I think there may be something to it.. Best wishes to Real.